METV From Hull Consulate, UK

Always copy any paperwork from hm government in case of disaster for whatever reason.

As I did with my uk passport application and furnished a copy of my p60 substitute with my thai address endorsed upon heck no I wouldn't give my original even if it did state substitute lol.

Edited by Brit_Doggie
  • Like 1

I have a friend in my hometown who is an alcoholic. He is British, on the special benefits for alcoholics (that's real, you know).

Every time I go back to the UK, I check he is not dead. I consider him to be my employer in a spiritual sense. I am sure he would be happy to sign a letter I knocked up stating he was aware I was going to Thailand for 6 months and he had employed me for many years.

Edited by Briggsy
  • Like 1

LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AND THAT THEY ARE AWARE YOU ARE GOING TO THAILAND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS

​ That is remarkable...............well, it isnt, because my jaw dropped open and Im speechless .

​You have to get a letter from your boss stating that hes aware that you are going to Thailand !!!!!!

What is the logic behind that ?

This is priceless !

It's like they make it up as they go along smile.png

• Like 2

LETTER FROM EMPLOYER STATING HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AND THAT THEY ARE AWARE YOU ARE GOING TO THAILAND FOR UP TO 6 MONTHS

​ That is remarkable...............well, it isnt, because my jaw dropped open and Im speechless .

​You have to get a letter from your boss stating that hes aware that you are going to Thailand !!!!!!

What is the logic behind that ?

It would appear to be based on discussions of Thais' applications for visitors' visas. A point frequently made in them is that a claim of having a job to return to and an admission of going for a 6 month visit are not credible. Tit for tat?

• Like 1

Why don't they just get a non O with multiple entry instead....valid for 1 year. If they don't have the money then why would Thailand want them here at all, Thailand needs tourists who will spend some money, not a pile of paupers.

Non O visa requires the applicant to have a specific qualification, e.g. married to a Thai national, be over 65, etc.

Not related to money.

No problem. Say you are self-employed and write a letter to yourself. :-)

The London office states for self employed your self-assessment and copy of company registration document are required.

So I would expect Hull to be similar.