More joint effort to tackle IUU fishing

rooster59

More joint effort to tackle IUU fishing

84-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: Thailand continued its effort to seriously tackle illegal fishing with more measures being seen rolled out.
The latest action was the cooperation between two government agencies to deal with such illicit activities.

The Customs Department and the Department of Fisheries yesterday signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on measures to combat illegal, unregulated, and unreported fishing (IUU) activities in the Thai territorial waters.

Under the agreement, both departments will impose stricter inspections for imports and exports of marine animals.

In addition, they will form a joint committee responsible for revising and modernizing customs policies and procedures for fishery products in order to allow officers to perform their duties more effectively.

The Customs Department had earlier created a mobile application called “find my permit” which helps on-duty officials to check documents of fishing vessels and vessel owners speedily.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/more-joint-effort-to-tackle-iuu-fishing

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-14

Cooperation between two Thai government agencies, and they signed a memorandum of understanding??????

OK, I know I'm more easily confused these days LOL ---- maybe the side effects of living in Thailand for a decade - lol but why the hell is all this bs part of getting something accomplished? I mean it often feels like a continuing effort to reinvent the wheel.

How a/b this DO YOUR JOB and put aside the idea of personal gain for ???? oh ??? for starters ..... one day a week.

PHEW...

The Customs Department and the Department of Fisheries yesterday signed a MOU on measures to combat IUU.

Thank Goodness!

Otherwise, these two GOVERNMENT departments just had no idea about cooperating by order of the Executive Branch and might have never seen to their responsibilities. And their first action is to create committees. Look out IUU voilators - committees have been formed! wai2.gif

The Gophers in the civil service have found another avenue of slowing down any attempt to solve a problem.

Now they will have to have a conflab to decide where and when, (in Thailand or some foreign destination) to have a meeting between two civil servents or group of same to draw up and sign a MOU to form a committee to study the problem as it was described in the inter office memo which they recieved right before the last 5 day holiday. Once the problem is defined in lawyer speak, another committee will be appointed by the first committee to present possible solutions, again in lawyer speak.

The Customs Department and the Department of Fisheries yesterday signed a MOU on measures to combat IUU.

Thank Goodness!

Otherwise, these two GOVERNMENT departments just had no idea about cooperating by order of the Executive Branch and might have never seen to their responsibilities. And their first action is to create committees. Look out IUU voilators - committees have been formed! wai2.gif

You're kidding right? Two government agencies negotiate a contract to prosecute illegal activities? Guess anybody pretending to be leader of LOS is a figment of imagination.

Cooperation between two Thai government agencies, and they signed a memorandum of understanding??????

OK, I know I'm more easily confused these days LOL ---- maybe the side effects of living in Thailand for a decade - lol but why the hell is all this bs part of getting something accomplished? I mean it often feels like a continuing effort to reinvent the wheel.

How a/b this DO YOUR JOB and put aside the idea of personal gain for ???? oh ??? for starters ..... one day a week.

PHEW...

Says so much doesn't it, two govt departments have to sign a formal agreement to work together ?

All BS to try and make it look as if something will actually get done, oh sorry they are forming a committee.

Thank Goodness!

You're kidding right? Two government agencies negotiate a contract to prosecute illegal activities? Guess anybody pretending to be leader of LOS is a figment of imagination.

That would have included Yingluck then.