Crackdown launched to improve safety for tourists visiting Thailand

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many crackdowns lately, I am surprised no body in Thai authority hasn't realised that this just looks like everything is out of control and no one is doing their job properly,,, actually I am not surprised, that would require thinking on a second level beyond basic. coffee1.gif

The first thing the police can due is stop blaming the tourists for how they dress or look, or blaming late closing time for bars, or blaming anyone and anything except those who are perpetrating the crimes. It is probably also true that as the economy gets worse and more Thai people loose their jobs, attacks against tourists for money will increase. This a bad situation all the way around.

Only the insane think that more firearms would increase safety.

Only the ideologically-twisted deny the undeniable fact that many, many crimes of violence have been prevented by firearms in private hands, and that depriving the law-abiding of the means of self-defense whilst the criminals use whatever they want to inflict violence is morally indefensible.

There are so many crackdowns lately, I am surprised no body in Thai authority hasn't realised that this just looks like everything is out of control and no one is doing their job properly

Since this is the normal state of affairs in Asian countries, what makes you think they don't realize it?

Have not really had any problems aside form losing couple thousand baht and paying police for no helmet turning left on a red light . I not excited about enforced drinking laws when the alcohol limit is way to low I could gargle with listermint and be over the limit. .05 is just a way to every person that drinks any alcohol into a criminal . Used to .15 in states till madd mothers turned in having a few beers and going home into a criminal act .The alcohol level is to low!!

Been drinking and driving for 30 years no problem here.

???

Have not really had any problems aside form losing couple thousand baht and paying police for no helmet turning left on a red light . I not excited about enforced drinking laws when the alcohol limit is way to low I could gargle with listermint and be over the limit. .05 is just a way to every person that drinks any alcohol into a criminal . Used to .15 in states till madd mothers turned in having a few beers and going home into a criminal act .The alcohol level is to low!!

Please tell me where you live and drive so I can stay well away from there.

Let all foreign nationals purchase firearms. This country would be a much better place. As it stands these criminals know that foreigner can not easily poses guns. So let them buy them freely. Good for the economy and takes the criminals edge away. This is the only way to curb the current trend. The only way......

What an incredibly stupid comment.

You have only found this comment to be stupid? Here's the news, so far they all are.

"and con men who prey on foreign tourists" yeah easy to find those guys, they are the little men in brown uniforms wearing a 45 magnum on their belts that reaches down to their kneecaps....

Edited by AlQaholic

Let all foreign nationals purchase firearms. This country would be a much better place. As it stands these criminals know that foreigner can not easily poses guns. So let them buy them freely. Good for the economy and takes the criminals edge away. This is the only way to curb the current trend. The only way......

Yes, that's working so well in the USA isn't it? The last time I looked the only citizens using guns openly there Ware deranged homicidal maniacs. Armed Citizen Takedowns are a nice fantasy. Must be why the Pentagon sent all those brave militiamen patriots packing when they showed up at recruitment offices awhile back.

Well at least they are not in denial about a problem existing.

A crackdown is a great idea. Is there a list of Thai crackdowns somewhere? Is this crackdown #300.

It is hard to eliminate crime so I wish them all the best and I know that we will never know if they are succeeding until the next crackdown.

Must make a small difference and good on them for trying.

When the tuk tuk mafia gem stone scammers are removed from the corner of Ratchdamnoen, near Khao San road, then I *might* think this is more than just another cynical marketing ploy to trick tourists into continuing to come here...

take a nap or wake up

you can't cheat an honest man.

Only the ideologically-twisted deny the undeniable fact that many, many crimes of violence have been prevented by firearms in private hands, and that depriving the law-abiding of the means of self-defense whilst the criminals use whatever they want to inflict violence is morally indefensible.

A fact. Really? So how come not one single US gun massacre has so far been stopped by law abiding gun toters. Not enough Guns Yet? What happens when one clown has an accidental discharge, and jittery John Waynes all blindly Respond? What you are describing is a world where everyone is armed, so car park disputes would be settled by duels. 1776 or 1863 were a long time ago, time to reboot that thinking.

Meanwhile single handedly destroying tourism in Chiang Mai. Great job! All bars and live music venues close at 12. Some closed completely for days. Tourists thrown on the streets at 23.30 by gestapo like uniforms. Lots of bad blood. These tourists will NEVER be back.And tell their friends.

It'll be nice and quiet next year.... Carry on!

Edited by rebelplatoon

Meanwhile single handedly destroying tourism in Chiang Mai. Great job! All bars and live music venues close at 12. Some closed completely for days. Tourists thrown on the streets at 23.30 by gestapo like uniforms. Lots of bad blood. These tourists will NEVER be back.And tell their friends.

It'll be nice and quiet next year.... Carry on!

Unfortunately, millions of Chinese, who don't frequent the bars, would disagree with you. Those that you say would never return, will head to Phuket or Samui for their " cultural" experience next time .

One hopes you are not in charge of anything. And I mean anything at all.

Forgive him. He's American and knows no other way.

Your all concerned about what? Firearms dont do anything by themselves accept create a deterrent and a great equalizer. It's a proven fact an armed society is a polite society. The more violent cities on the planet are the ones with strongest gun control laws. Undeniable fact.

Please show me your factsheet. Quoting 'facts' without data is commonly accepted as the waste product of male bovines.

One hopes you are not in charge of anything. And I mean anything at all.

Clearly not in charge of a super bright intellect - a very low wattage bulb this one!

Can you tell me what area you live in? I like to avoid problems.

http://www.thaivibes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Foreignershot.png Really? so you would rather be unable to protect yourself like this guy who was recently shot in the head and died.... I think your the insane one quite frankly.

Your all concerned about what? Firearms dont do anything by themselves accept create a deterrent and a great equalizer. It's a proven fact an armed society is a polite society. The more violent cities on the planet are the ones with strongest gun control laws. Undeniable fact.

You mean like Mexico City, Manila, Johannesburg, Miami, Islamabad and Rio de Janeiro - none of them known for effective gun control? or do you mean the super violent cities of Oslo, Geneva, Copenhagan, and Wellington where citizens don't have the right to bear arms? I bet you have to stand up when you talk so your voice isn't muffled.