cambodia to suvarnabhumi on a kenyan passport.

Hey guys,I am a Kenyan who came to Thailand on a tourist visa a few months ago and after the normal two months I went to Lopburi Immigration and had it extended till the 5th of December. My return ticket is from Suvarnabhumi airport sometime next year(I had it opened so I am yet to decide my departure date). I am around with my European bf who is currently teaching in a government school somewhere in Thailand so I am planning to go to Cambodia before my visa expires to wait for him till end of this semester(feb of march). My question is if I can fly into the country next year(although I am not sure if it will be possible because Kenyans do not get Thai tourist visas from Cambodia) and await at the airport till my departure time. Does anyone know any information regarding these issues I raised? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

If you had a connecting flight that allowed you to remain in the transit area of the airport you could stay for up to 24 hours at the airport.

A connecting flight would be one that allows you check your luggage from Cambodia to Kenya.

You might be able to get a transit visa from the embassy in Phnom Penh. Most embassies will issue one to people that can only get visas in their home country. You would need to to show a confirmed flight out of the country within 30 days of arrival. The visa allows a 30 day entry.

• Like 1

Sorry I meant staying in Cambodia. Do I have a time limit or I could extend my stay for a few months. I am not actually planning on staying in Thailand any longer than I am allowed to,I always want to be on the right side of the law. So with the transit visa I can get out of the airport before my flight? Hope I am not mixing issues to much. Thanks.

You can extend the 30 day entry you will get from the Cambodia visa on arrival. Most people use a travel agency to get it done.

The transit visa will give you a 30 day entry that Thai immigration will stamp in your passport on the way out of the airport. You could leave the country on the last day of that 30 day entry if you wanted to.