Sign of the times: Housekeeper - can't work because iPhone is broken

Oscar2

Due to my situation ( confined to bed or wheelchair )

When my wife is at work i have a carer.

Several times she cannot come because phone is broken, i have to buy new battery, new charger etc.

When she is here she spends every minute on the internet ( we have wi-fi ).

I have to call her away from her smart phone to help me, and she moans about it.

Some days i get my wife to disconnect internet and she goes around like a lost sheep.

Land line in Thailand what a joke 4 years ago we wanted a land line, sorry you have to wait 2 years for 1. Unless you pay under the table.

So we only use mobiles.

Before i get any wise cracks about changing the password, we have tried that. Her smart phone can access our internet without a password.

Nice to see that you are still alive. Anyway I don't understand how your caretaker can getting access to your WIFI, when you change your router Password.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be in the party of '<deleted> is wrong with you , a mobile phone is a necessity to have but not something you need to check 80,000 times per day, HARDEN UP'

however recently, even though I dont use facebook or instagram or any social media, I chat with my friends via chat and email friends, and I do lots of interent browsing, I find that if I dont have a phone I feel naked, and im not a teenager either

when I book hotels, I will check if they have free wifi,

even when im overseas, I will buy a simcard that has data so I can be in touch with everyone,

I think times are changing, I guess it would be much harder for someone who has it from day 1

haha. I will resist the iphone, smartphone as long as possible. My old 3g Flip top phone has voice and text. To me it is fantastic and beats trying to find a payphone when on the road or having to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls at work. And since I work away from home, my cell phone is also my "home" phone so my number is with me. Anything beyond the phone is just a gadget that certainly can be fun, certainly can be useful, but is not necessary. Mobile internet? great idea. Can look up anything on the fly. Do I need it? Nope. Don't get me wrong, I am an engineer with several degrees. I have a fine computer at home and use them all day long at work. But when I go to the mall, and look around and see 70% of the people walking around with their iphone in one hand, I see drones and slaves. I am a big fan of having two hands ready at most times. Distracted accidents are the largest class of accidents at Northrop Grumman. Every day I see people here in California distracted driving and I know one of those idiots is going to do me in some day as they T-bone as they run a red light or rear end my care and push me into oncoming traffic.

Due to my situation ( confined to bed or wheelchair )

When my wife is at work i have a carer.

Several times she cannot come because phone is broken, i have to buy new battery, new charger etc.

When she is here she spends every minute on the internet ( we have wi-fi ).

I have to call her away from her smart phone to help me, and she moans about it.

Some days i get my wife to disconnect internet and she goes around like a lost sheep.

Land line in Thailand what a joke 4 years ago we wanted a land line, sorry you have to wait 2 years for 1. Unless you pay under the table.

So we only use mobiles.

Before i get any wise cracks about changing the password, we have tried that. Her smart phone can access our internet without a password.

Block by MAC Address. Done.

• 2 months later...

The obvious answer would be to sack her and do the housework yourself.

How hard could it be?

The existing job role is to do the housework and continously check smartphone and ipad.

I wonder if the OP is qualified in both areas of the work?

Her iPhone couldn't have been to badly broken she managed to call you.

she called from home.

"she called from home."

Are you insuniating that she has a "landline phone" in her home?

I seriously wonder if anyone in Thailand has a landline phone.

I have never known a person in Thailand who has one.

Even the school I worked at for years had no landline phones!

I still have a landline and use it regularly, most of my familymembers still have one

Guy rambling about people having no landline, is obviously only friends with bargirls and ex-SAS/CIA agents.. To get a loan you NEED a landline.

Almost every normal person in Thailand has at least 1 loan

Edited by bearpolar