Nissan X-Trail VS Honda HRV ? Advice please.

dagling

First of all, the heading is wrong and I can not edit. This is about HONDA HRV.... Not the CRV.

Are you happy with your Honda HR V?
Thinking a bit on and switch car, when my 4 year old Izusu MU7 is a bit big for us who are only 2 people (90% of the time).
Honda HRV is more suitable size for us, so is Nissan X-Trail, but it costs about 400,000 THB more;-(
I think they both are pretty, but is X-trail worth 400,000 THB more?
Security is also very important for both of us, so it will have a major impact on which car we eventual purchase.
What would you selected, and why? What about second hand value?
Edited by dagling

Out of the 3, I'd keep the Isuzu.

It do make sense for sure, have been very happy with the MU7 so far, only 82000 km on the clock and new set of Michelin wheels.

I bought the MU7 for 1.275.000 THB, if selling to day I will have about 600.000 THB so I will loose a lot of money. Same goes if I buy anther new car after a few years.

Guess I just run the MU7 for a few more years and get the most out of it.

Over the years we have owned a Honda CRV, an Izzuzu MU - X and 3 X-Trials in our familys and a lot of friends also have X-Trials here in Oz. In fact my ex wife bought her second one a few weeks ago.

The Honda is not bad except under powered and expensive to operate (in Oz , ran as a company vehicle) Higher fuel costs /serving/parts

and maintenance than the X-Trial. Then our son got a X trial - the first model in OZ - still has it after 12 years or so and no mechanical problems except the fuel gauge indicator , replaced under warranty. My wife liked it so much she bought one through the company and again no problems. We bought a Izzuzu MU-X in Thailand .It is like driving in an armchair - luxuries enough but i would never own one as a personal vehicle myself. Feels clumsy compared to the X-Trial.

I have a few friends that have traded up into new X-trials from older models . They handle both the city and the rougher roads and tougher going well ,( even snow if you put chains on ) and are comfortable. Without a hesitation i would go for the X Trial. Just my experiences.

Edited by xen

You don't need the HRV if you are only 2. The reason not to get the other cars would be that if you have back seat passengers they would have 0 safety unless in the HRV

Yep, it's truly astounding that no X-Trail variant is available with rear curtain airbags. I see it as a major packaging error.

Can't comment on thr Nissan, but I have thr top of thr range HR-V and very happy with it in all respects.

Only strange thing is it doesn't have Satnav....not even an option. But I have a portable GPS from my Suzuki V-Strom which. I use if needed.

Good value motor IMHO

You have to be careful when comparing vehicules and be sure they are from the same categories :

SUV ( sport utility vehicle or suburban utility vehicle ), below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- Honda CRV

- Nissan X-Trail

- Masda CX-5

- Chevrolet Captiva

- Subaru XV

PPV ( Pick Up Passenger Vehicle, this are fake SUV based on Pick Up ), below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- ISUZU MU-X ( based on Isuzu D-Max )

- Toyota Fortuner ( based on Toyota Vigo )

- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport ( based on Mitsubishi Triton )

- Chevrolet Trailblazer ( based on Chevrolet Colorado )

- Ford Everest ( based on Ford Rangers )

Sub Compact SUV, below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- Honda HRV

- Ford Ecosport

- Nissan Juke

Edited by kris95

You have to be careful when comparing vehicules and be sure they are from the same categories :

SUV ( sport utility vehicle or suburban utility vehicle ), below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- Honda CRV

- Nissan X-Trail

- Masda CX-5

- Chevrolet Captiva

- Subaru XV

PPV ( Pick Up Passenger Vehicle, this are fake SUV based on Pick Up ), below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- ISUZU MU-X ( based on Isuzu D-Max )

- Toyota Fortuner ( based on Toyota Vigo )

- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport ( based on Mitsubishi Triton )

- Chevrolet Trailblazer ( based on Chevrolet Colorado )

- Ford Everest ( based on Ford Rangers )

Sub Compact SUV, below classified by order of best seller in Thailand

- Honda HRV

- Ford Ecosport

- Nissan Juke

I think you applied the "fake" label to the wrong category wink.png

It's the body on frame (PPV) that are proper SUV's - not the monocoques.. AKA the "softroaders", "crossovers" or "faux wheel drives" wink.png

Definition of SPORT-UTILITY VEHICLE

: a rugged automotive vehicle similar to a station wagon but built on a light-truck chassis —called also sport-ute, \-ˌyüt\ sport-utility, SUV

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sport-utility+vehicle

Edited by IMHO

Can't comment on thr Nissan, but I have thr top of thr range HR-V and very happy with it in all respects.

Only strange thing is it doesn't have Satnav....not even an option. But I have a portable GPS from my Suzuki V-Strom which. I use if needed.

Good value motor IMHO

Agree. We looked at several options before choosing the top of the range HR-V. That included different manufacturers and marques. The HR-V is a fun car to drive.

Like you, I consider it really good value for money.

If you go for the HR-V, be sure to choose the E-limited version, which basically is same as EL without the sunroof. The E-limited version wasnt available when i bought my HR-V 6 months ago, so i picked E version, since i didnt like the sunroof. But i overlooked the fact that E doesnt have i-side airbags and side curtain airbags.

Perhaps you like the sunroof?biggrin.png

http://www.honda.co.th/en/hrv

Edited by chopin2