Thai Food Outside Lod

Khun Yak

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you all know how lucky you are once you can (still) enjoy Thai Food in LOS.

A few weeks back I passed by a Thai Restaurant in St. Gallen in Switzerland and of course when I got aware it's a thai restaurant, I just had to take look at the menu...

...although I love Thai Food - This really scared me of:

bowl of Tom Yam Goong CHF 28.-

That's THB 843.-

USD 22.40

GPB 11.90

EUR 17.63

That's simply rediculous... :o

...so I'm still longing for thai food...

KY

Edited by Khun Yak

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you all know how lucky you are once you can (still) enjoy Thai Food in LOS.

A few weeks back I passed by a Thai Restaurant in St. Gallen in Switzerland and of course when I got aware it's a thai restaurant, I just had to take look at the menu...

That's THB 843.-

USD 22.40

GPB 11.90

EUR 17.63

That's simply rediculous... :D

KY

Pairng chong loi

:o

Hey guys,

That's THB 843.-

USD 22.40

GPB 11.90

EUR 17.63

That's simply rediculous... :o

KY

Khun Yak

Next time you are in Thailand pop into your local supermarket and pick up lots and lots of packets of the curry pastes ... you can get tom yam, green curry, red curry, coconut curry .... everything, whatever you want .......... they only cost 10Baht per pack and you can take loads home with you so can cook Thai food very cheaply yourself at home when you feel the urge.... just need to add meat and veg (and coconut milk with some of the curries). :D

I know Switzerland is quite expensive but I was just shocked and became envy a bit on everyone being able to get thaifood for a "thai price".

I could certainly prepare my own thaifood - it's just a matter of comfort once you're passing by a thai restaurant and even feel a bit hungry :o

KY

Here in California Thai restaurants run the gamet from very expensive to hole in the wall cheap, but we are lucky because of the large number of Thais living here.

As you mentioned, it's nice to pop in for a quick bite, but those prices are heavy!

The costs of Thai food are very cheap, great profit margin, maybe you should start your own Thai take out :o

Nice Idea, but for this I would need at least one thai partner to run an authentic business. Fortunatelly I do not live in St. Gallen nor Switzerland but went there for a short trip so I don't have to pay these prices. I gonna move to Frankfurt next week and will check out the demand for such business over there again :o

KY

yeah, most thai places in France and Holland are sort of 15 euro's and up for main courses. 6-10 euro starters.

That;s the nicer places though, often run by thai's who may also work in a consulate or whatever. I also used to help run a thai themed beach place in holland sometimes and we were very popular, but also very expensive.

The cook was a "roaming" cook for Thai ambassadors and high officials around europe, and friends of our owner. he came pricey, but all his food was top notch, admittedly.

There are some more affordable places, often found in your local chinatown and that. But you wouldn't take your mother in law to them, if you know what I mean. (at least, not til you knew her enough to marry her daughter)