Lone robber escapes with 1.5 million baht from TMB bank

webfact

Lone robber escapes with 1.5 million baht from TMB bank

BANGKOK: -- A lone black-clad robber walked into a bank in Chachoengsao’s Bangpakong district brandishing a pistol, held up stunned bank staff and escaped with about 1.5 million baht in cash.

The robbery took place at a branch office of Thai Military Bank located on the Bangna-Trat highway at kilometer markers 41-42 in Tambon Bang Wua.

According to witnesses, the robber who dressed in long-sleeve black shirt and blue jeans and wore a black crash helmet, rushed into the bank, brandishing a pistol shortly after the bank was about to close its door to outsiders at 3.30 pm.

He pointed his gun at a bank staff standing behind the counter No 3 and then climbed over the counter and walked into the vault where money was kept and swept away about 1.5 million baht in cash.

Then he rushed out of the bank toward his motorbike which was seen heading toward Bangkok.

Police who later arrived at the crime scene examined footages from CCTV installed at and around the bank. They managed to get some images of the robber.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lone-robber-escapes-with-1-5-million-baht-from-tmb-bank

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-24

CCTV got some images of the robber with a black crash helmet on? Hmm This case should be wound up fast. 1.5 million bahts in the bank this guy hit the jackpot. Last time I went to the bank and asked to with draw $10000 dollars they told me to come back in 2 days as they needed to order in the cash and they warned me to think this over and come with extra security. Now there is a clue maybe? He might come into the bank previously and ordered a large sum of money and they asked him to return in a couple days. Case solved.

Edited by elgordo38

you have to admire this chaps audacity catching the bank staff unawares and jumping over a counter to get into the vault I don't know what happened to him but his motorbike was seen heading towards Bangkok.

Admire someone who pulls a gun on unarmed staff in a bank?

No, not really, I don't, not at all.

Contemptible scum is closer to the mark.