Identifying Chickens

mxyzptlk

Not sure about the first pair, but the black and silver is called a Permah (Bruma). The last ones do look like Red Jungle Fowl, but there are 3 strains in Thailand and it is rare to find a pure bloodline. They are all nice birds. Where did you get the RJF?

Thanks for the info. My wife got them from friends & neighbours....we live in Buriram province. Got lots of chicks running round at the moment and between 40-50 eggs in nests. The hens are mainly the bog standard black Thai chickens that wouldn't look out of place in Jurassic Park.....LOL

Thanks for the info. My wife got them from friends & neighbours....we live in Buriram province. Got lots of chicks running round at the moment and between 40-50 eggs in nests. The hens are mainly the bog standard black Thai chickens that wouldn't look out of place in Jurassic Park.....LOL

Some day down the road I would like to get some RJF birds or eggs, but have no idea when.

hi jotham,

my wife uncle policeman has some, do you want me to ask him if he wants to sell a trio, i think they are smaller then whats in that picture, but they do look nice, if you want some ill try and get a couple of pics of them so you can see them

jake

Eventually I will want some, but it will be quite a while. I am hoping to find the strain that has the white ear lobes, but would be happy with any. BTW, how are your ducks doing?

hi jotham,

the karkies are great but we didnt have much luck with the pekins, we only have 2 left,

ive got some of the white ear lobes, ill pop and take a picture in a minute and post it for you,

they are stunning birds,

jake

not a problem mate, ill knock up an ark and put him and some of the white cheek hen in with him, ive even got white ones with white cheeks,,lol you got me looking when i went down to take a pic,, i new where the nice one hangs out, so i had a good luck at the others,,lol

safe trip

• 4 months later...

Archived