thanksgiving here in cm , looking for pumpkin pie filling

camsouth

Ok well, this is a funny topic i know. Ok so i have been looking for well over a week for pumpkin pie filling , to make a pumpkin pie .With no luck .

Now Tops puts out the ad for it but there is non in stock , (what a shocker ) seems they are bad habit doing that, Rimping dose not have it either. So are we having a shortage ??? Last year here it was easy to get . Now here is the big question, you all been waiting for . Do you know where i can get some in this town ?? Before the big turkey day , or is it going be a cheese cake replacement.

If any of you know and have seen a can of it recently give me a shout. And if any of you work at Tops foods you might want to work on your ad planing and suppliers and logistics planner. Did this for many years . back in the day. Did so in the US.

Thanks for all your help

The op and first reply made my head spin.... but anyway, as was covered recently is a similar topic, buy a damn pumpkin, the warty ones are bright orange inside and taste....like pumpkin!... steam, boil, bake or microwave until soft, mash and add the sugar spices etc. and you just maybe will have the best punk pie. ever. ..... just up from the US consulate, across from the entrance to muang mai mkt. there are piles of big ones , cheap.

Edited by daoyai

A non helpful insulting post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

The op and first reply made my head spin.... but anyway, as was covered recently is a similar topic, buy a damn pumpkin, the warty ones are bright orange inside and taste....like pumpkin!... steam, boil, bake or microwave until soft, mash and add the sugar spices etc. and you just maybe will have the best punk pie. ever. ..... just up from the US consulate, across from the entrance to muang mai mkt. there are piles of big ones , cheap.

thank ill try that .

The small round green squash work well, too. I think they're sweeter than the big green squash. But both are a very suitable sub for canned pumpkin. Actually better in my opinion. Lighter, fluffier. You may need to make a few test pies to deal with the water content of fresh squash and unfortunately there isn't much time left to experiment. But once you figure out how to use local squash, you'll never go back to the canned stuff.

Every food item imported from abroad is subject to a high import tax. So plz, quit blaming TOPS for high imported food prices.

As far as pies, sweet potato pie is as good as pumpkin pie. Incidentally, i had a slice of Lime Pie at Gecko Garden the other night...fabulous good. I'll be back there soon to buy an entire pie and savor it for a week. Super delicious . Might never eat another slice of pumpkin pie if Gecko Lime Pie is only 15 mins away.