Former Pattaya Police Foreign Volunteer Arrested by Chonburi Immigration

webfact

Former Pattaya Police Foreign Volunteer Arrested by Chonburi Immigration

denmark-21.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Immigration Police arrested a Danish man on Tuesday, accused of extortion of an arrested man and attempting to bribe a Royal Thai Police Officer, following an incident which occurred in 2012.

Immigration Officers arrested Mr. Leon Christiansen aged 51 from Denmark as he presented himself at the Chonburi Immigration Office in Jomtien for a visa renewal.

He was arrested on the strength of arrested warrant number 535/2558 dated 6th November 2015 and issued by the Pattaya Provincial Court. The warrant was in the name of Mr. Jesper Hansen and after leaving Thailand in 2014 he is thought to have returned to Denmark and changed his name before returning earlier this year.

Although he denies all allegations made against him, the incident as detailed on the warrant dates back to 2012 when the suspect worked as a Pattaya Police Volunteer.

He was assisting on a case where a fellow Danish National was arrested on allegations of sexual acts with a minor under the age of 15. Mr. Hansen was accused of extorting 800,000 Baht from the detained Dane in exchange for clearing the case.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/219235/former-pattaya-police-foreign-volunteer-arrested-by-chonburi-immigration/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-25

Seems like a fast learner if anything? After all he's assisting police; it looks like he's been paying attention!

the thai police are to cheap to hire a translater, so they give up some of their power to scum bag falangs! a few years ago I was approached by one of these jack booted arrogant ass holes and he tried to get in my face and demand I.D. I told him to back off or I was going to break his face! the Thai policeman who was with him interviened! told the Thai that I would deal with him but not some scum sucking falang wannabe! things turned out alright.

Scum bag, no surprise to me. bah.gifbah.gif

Get rid of the lot now.

Thailand does just find with out these people. bah.gifbah.gif

Convicted him already have ya lol

I personally have had dealings with this <deleted>.....he is guilty of many more offences and I am glad that they finally got the son of a bitch!!!!!

Scum bag, no surprise to me. bah.gifbah.gif

Get rid of the lot now.

Thailand does just find with out these people. bah.gifbah.gif

Convicted him already have ya lol

I personally have had dealings with this <deleted>.....he is guilty of many more offences and I am glad that they finally got the son of a bitch!!!!!

like what? come on now. tell us what you know. setiing people up maybe?

Seems like a fast learner if anything? After all he's assisting police; it looks like he's been paying attention!

the thai police are to cheap to hire a translater, so they give up some of their power to scum bag falangs! a few years ago I was approached by one of these jack booted arrogant ass holes and he tried to get in my face and demand I.D. I told him to back off or I was going to break his face! the Thai policeman who was with him interviened! told the Thai that I would deal with him but not some scum sucking falang wannabe! things turned out alright.

So you were going to "break the face," of a "jack booted arrogant ass hole," "scum bag," "scum sucking falang," were you??

Why do too many of the posts here sound like a Grade7 schoolyard back home?

If you want a translator YOU have to find one if you are not happy with the one provided. Why would they pay for a translator for you ??

It's difficult to believe that a foreign police volunteer would have enough authority to clear serious charges.

But clearly enough authority to negotiate the $$$$ for thems that could

( and of course take the fall for it on their behalf ;))

My understanding is that this man was once a Foreign Police Volunteer who was let go and he then became a volunteer with Traffic Police until he left that group too.

Tarring all such volunteers with the same brush seems harsh as many do a useful job very well.

My understanding is that this man was once a Foreign Police Volunteer who was let go and he then became a volunteer with Traffic Police until he left that group too.

Tarring all such volunteers with the same brush seems harsh as many do a useful job very well.

If they want translators, which is the usual justification for the existence of volunteers, then they should hire/accept qualified and certified translators alone.

Certainly should not be a possibility that a volunteer is even in a position to attempt extortion.

It's far from the first time foreign police volunteers in Thailand have been accused of abuse of 'authority' - in fact it happens rather a lot.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

^^^^

The fact that police indeed have a few paid volunteers at their Soi 9 help desks does not obviate the need for the 18 hour a day volunteer service with some 20+ languages on call for that and other duties. And lets be fair, it is not only volunteer police who have been accused of abuse of one kind or another .....generalisms are seldom useful in any discussion.

I agree that translators are useful, which was my point. Hire certified translators. It's the 'other duties' aspect that's the issue - they shouldn't be doing 'other duties'.

I also agree that it is not only volunteer police operating under the current system that have been accused of abuse, but my comment was not generalising. I didn't say 'all' or even 'most', however it is clear from regular news reports that the proportion of volunteers abusing their authority is FAR higher than it should be.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd