which Visas can be transfered into a 1-year-O ?

Hi all, Hi UbonJoe ^^

could someone tell me which Visas, obtained from an embassy/consulat in a foreign country can be transfered into a 1-year-O Visa (while fulfilling the requirement)

I know it is possible with a non-B-multiple and a non-O-single, but what about

- non-B single entry ?

- regular single entry Tourist Visa ?

- the new METV ?

- single-ED or multiple-ED ?

and another question I have: Can I get a re-entry permit if I hold a single-entry non-O or non-B?

Is such a single entry rather referring to the 90 days stay or is it just one single entry, no matter how many days? In my case, I might have a single-entry O or B, but after 2 days in Thailand, will already need to travel to another country after my yearly XMas holiday in my home country.

Thank you for your input wai.gif

"I know it is possible with a non-B-multiple and a non-O-single"

Quite clearly you don't know, and can not even use the correct terminology.

Yes I DO KNOW it is possible as professional consulatnts who work in that field for more than two decades clearly told me so and had a look at my passport.

As for "correct ternminology" -->> maybe I did not use the proper term for that. English is not my native tongue, but nevertheless I can make myself understood somehow in six different languages.

I would recommend the following to you: "If you have nothing good to say, better say nothing at all"

Edited by siam2007

can be transfered into a 1-year-O Visa

Are you asking about an extension of stay? Visas can't be "transferred,"

On what basis were you expecting to obtain an extension?

On the basis of age 50+ and 800K.

now I am on the last 90 days of a non-immi-multiple-B of which I am not sure if I can get the same again at my home town's honorary consulat after so many rules have changed. a 1-year-O could be less of a hassle but I never had one before so I am not familiar with the procedure. I should be able to get at least a non-immi-B single entry though. Or a ED-Visa single entry for example

You cannot apply for a multiple entry non-o visa while in the country. That can only be done at an embassy or consulate.

If you have a non immigrant visa entry you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. Whether you could do it with a non-b visa entry would depend upon which office you have to apply at. Some will insist you must have a non-o visa to do it.

Only a tourist or visa exempt entry can be changed to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration.

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over at a nearby embassy or consulate if you can show 800k baht in Thai bank or proof of 65 baht income or a combination of both totaling 800k baht.

You cannot apply for a multiple entry non-o visa while in the country. That can only be done at an embassy or consulate.

If you have a non immigrant visa entry you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. Whether you could do it with a non-b visa entry would depend upon which office you have to apply at. Some will insist you must have a non-o visa to do it.

Only a tourist or visa exempt entry can be changed to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration.

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being 50 or over at a nearby embassy or consulate if you can show 800k baht in Thai bank or proof of 65 baht income or a combination of both totaling 800k baht.

Thank you UBONJOE.

I am sorry if my post was confusing or if I did not use the proper terms. The reason for that is I actually AM CONFUSED as I always had non-immi-B-multiple Visas so there was no need to convert/transfer/extend them whatsoever, I just had to leave the country (which I happily did) every 90 days.

So it seems that if the immigration office is well-disposed, they will accept a single-non-B and give me a 1 year "extension of stay" and changing it to an O Visa (the other requirements I can fulfill), right? Even though I am in the country since a very long time, it seems there is always something new to learn when it coms to Visa...

A non-b visa cannot be changed to a non-o visa. Only the 90 day permit to stay from a non-b visa can be extended to a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

There is no difference between a multiple entry non-b visa and non-o multiple entry non-o visa other than the reason it was for. Both require you to leave the country every 90 days.