Megafan duped out of 8 million baht for star's 'medical bills'

webfact

What is <deleted>? hahahahahaha. i hope it not what i think it is.........hahahaha.

with a name like 'Nom Yai' i think you know

what is shocking is someone would describe her like that - and it get's into print! wow just wow

Coconuts isn't 'print'

is a fairly common 'word' these days especially since the American Pie movies popularised the term.

Most people under 50 would view it as a compliment.

Like I have said, many in this country have weak minds and need protection through the law, unlike developed countries.

So called developed countries also have their share of dimwits

50% of usa is going to vote for the lady with cankles(hillary).

I take it you agree then

Like I have said, many in this country have weak minds and need protection through the law, unlike developed countries.

Hard to tell is you are being sarcastic or not, but in the west the 'Evangelical' TV preachers do a swift business by preying on the weak minded. That said, many in this country do seem especially gullible.

The low-level, self-appointed "model" who works at the info desk in a Chiang Mai mall and has 4,000+ "followers" actually yells and swears and insults people on her Facebook page about plastic surgery and other asinine airhead things. She even admits, stupidly, that she's in love with herself, but the Thais and some star-struck naive Malaysian Chinese young men keep telling her how beautiful and "powerful" she is. Yuck. I used to think Thailand and Chiang Mai particularly was a good place to retire...but add this female mentality to the mix of other problems, not to mention the female scammers and thieves...I think I'm staying in civilization.

Why are you posting some random woman's Facebook profile..? What's this got to do with a stranger using an actress' name to scam a gullible mark?

What is <deleted>? hahahahahaha. i hope it not what i think it is.........hahahaha.

with a name like 'Nom Yai' i think you know

what is shocking is someone would describe her like that - and it get's into print! wow just wow

Coconuts isn't 'print'

<deleted> is a fairly common 'word' these days especially since the American Pie movies popularised the term.

Most people under 50 would view it as a compliment.

ah the pedant strolled along okok "published" happy now? is a derogatory phrase and you know it

The low-level, self-appointed "model" who works at the info desk in a Chiang Mai mall and has 4,000+ "followers" actually yells and swears and insults people on her Facebook page about plastic surgery and other asinine airhead things. She even admits, stupidly, that she's in love with herself, but the Thais and some star-struck naive Malaysian Chinese young men keep telling her how beautiful and "powerful" she is. Yuck. I used to think Thailand and Chiang Mai particularly was a good place to retire...but add this female mentality to the mix of other problems, not to mention the female scammers and thieves...I think I'm staying in civilization.

Why are you posting some random woman's Facebook profile..? What's this got to do with a stranger using an actress' name to scam a gullible mark?

Because she's another example of the shallow model and actress only with a smaller fan base.

this megafan is "unusually wealthy" and a bit "unusually dim"

Ah yes. Yet another example of the results of the Thai education system. Just another mindless, "accept everything and do not question" person. They are everywhere. Watching Thai news this morning, I saw a police station full of women complaining about being scammed by someone on Facebook. It is just what happens as a result of a lack of education.

Sort of off the topic, two nights ago I ran into a girl who used to live with another Thai lady I know. This 15 year old girl has been "studying" English for 3 years in a Thai school. I asked her, "how is school?". She could not figure out what I was saying. And this is after 3 hours of English class every school week for 3 years. What a waste of her time. Another lady I know took a 20 hour English class and has better comprehension than this girl had after 3 years. Pathetic! coffee1.gif

The problem here is pragmatics and this in not taught in schools here even by many foreign teachers.

I always add HOW onto my 5 'w' s.

Perhaps if she was asked, "is school good?", then she would have understood.

"How is school?" is often misinterpreted as, "How big/hot/wide/expensive etc..?"

In English we have the 'understood' e.g. How are you? The 'understood' being 'are you feeling', but we do not state the understood.

This non stating of the understood is extremely difficult for second language learners.

Because she's another example of the shallow model and actress only with a smaller fan base.
But why do you even care about some hapless nobody bimbette on FB? You need a more worthwhile pursuit. Like alcoholism.

So called developed countries also have their share of dimwits

50% of usa is going to vote for the lady with cankles(hillary).

How do you know?

But why do you even care about some hapless nobody bimbette on FB? You need a more worthwhile pursuit. Like alcoholism.

Well..because I'm Humbert Humbert? No, actually she is known to me personally and I know the content of what she writes to her "fans" (her words) and thus she integrates well into the topic of the Thai bimbette/bimbo culture.