Lowly Tigers Crush Hapless Yankees

What bugs me about MLB baseball coverage in Thailand is that it's almost always a Yankees game. On a recent visit to Japan, the same was true--in the morning a Yankees game, in the evening a Japanese league game. Is this overdose of pinstripes due to the greatness of the team, or could it be because American commercial interests want the rest of the world to become Yankee fans so they can sell vast quantities of Yankee-related products?

What bugs me about MLB baseball coverage in Thailand is that it's almost always a Yankees game. On a recent visit to Japan, the same was true--in the morning a Yankees game, in the evening a Japanese league game. Is this overdose of pinstripes due to the greatness of the team, or could it be because American commercial interests want the rest of the world to become Yankee fans so they can sell vast quantities of Yankee-related products?

I ,as a Yankee fan,see absoultuely nothing wrong with that!

In the Future, everyone in Thailand will be Yankee fans.

( Even the Brits! )

:o

I used to be a Yankees fan, way back long before the evil Steinbrenner hostile takeover. I don't quite remember Joe D., (born too late) but when my Pop used to take out to Yankee Stadium, especially for the traditional double header on my Memorial Day birthday, those were among the fondest memories of my childhood. I was there when Mickey came within two feet of hitting one out of the big ballpark. My favorites were Mickey (of course), Whitey, Yogi, Ellie, Bobby, Tony, Clete, Moose, and Johnny (#38). Don't forget Phil Rizzuto, Hank Bauer, Hector Lopez, Ryne Duren, Luis Arroyo, Roger Maris, Don Larsen and Bob Turley. Ah, the Yankees of the 50s and 60s. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Yes and it does indeed blow. Everytime I see a rapper with a sideways Yankee hat I need 2 puke buckets. Thank god they dont wear Mets hats

I used to be a Yankees fan, way back long before the evil Steinbrenner hostile takeover. I don't quite remember Joe D., (born too late) but when my Pop used to take out to Yankee Stadium, especially for the traditional double header on my Memorial Day birthday, those were among the fondest memories of my childhood. I was there when Mickey came within two feet of hitting one out of the big ballpark. My favorites were Mickey (of course), Whitey, Yogi, Ellie, Bobby, Tony, Clete, Moose, and Johnny (#38). Don't forget Phil Rizzuto, Hank Bauer, Hector Lopez, Ryne Duren, Luis Arroyo, Roger Maris, Don Larsen and Bob Turley. Ah, the Yankees of the 50s and 60s. Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?

Yes, you are talking about that decade before I was old enough to be a baseball fan. I grew up a Mets fan and Yankee hater. For me it was heaven during the "Horace Clark era". That was 1965-1973 and how sweet it was