Khun Churn veg buffet restaurant = gone.

jobin

I have been away for some weeks and today found that famous vegetarian buffet restaurant, located at Old Cultural Center, totally gone. Not even a sign from the past.

What happened? Lost the lease or too few customers? Or have they relocated?

They lasted there longer than i thought; was it 18 months. They should never have left soi 17 Nimman.

They cant go back because their plot is now a new multi story condo!....what possessed them to set up camp at the sewer end of the city.?

Over the years I remember 3 different locations around the Niman sois. I guess each time they moved it was because they had received a good offer for the land; or if they rented, their landlord received a good offer. I gave up on them because it was usually a nightmare getting across to Niman and finding a place to park.

Edited by Loaded

Last month there was a sign at Khun Churn (Old Chiang Mai) saying they were moving to Kad Farang.

We asked one of the staff and he confirmed this was right. I don't know what date they open though.

They're all avid meat eaters out there. biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm unfortunately vegetarian food never rocked my boat. Mostly too boring for my taste buds.

But for some and for whatever reason they follow, it's their way of life.

Give me meat and 3 veg any day and I'm happy. But no meat ever? I'd be sick too often.....

I could go on about the chain of evolution and survival of the fittest etc....but why bother.

Each to their own.

• 1 month later...

Back when Khun Churn was 45 baht for a buffet lunch and afterwards a stroll to the housewives for a beer, life was so simple.wink.png

Housewives? What did you do in there?

I thought I said 'for a beer' as in buying a bottle of beer and drinking it.

Hmmmm unfortunately vegetarian food never rocked my boat. Mostly too boring for my taste buds.

But for some and for whatever reason they follow, it's their way of life.

Give me meat and 3 veg any day and I'm happy. But no meat ever? I'd be sick too often.....

I could go on about the chain of evolution and survival of the fittest etc....but why bother.

Each to their own.

I am a meat eater too, but the vegetarian food that I've eaten here can be very good. I miss Khun Churn because there was such a variety of dishes. We are not in the Kad Farang area very often and much less at lunch time, but will keep this in mind.

Thanks for letting me know that it may open again soon.