10 per cent zone from Phuket beach, 36 businesses to be demolished

rooster59

10 per cent zone from Phuket beach, 36 businesses to be demolished

post-247607-0-46105300-1448636291_thumb.

Mr Maann has decided to scrap the 10% beach vendor zone at Surin Beach.

PHUKET: Despite the fact that it only had it’s 10 per cent zone marked out a little over two weeks ago, due to the lack of rule keeping by beach vendors, Surin Beach is the first to have its 10% zone removed.

Surin Beach, at 870 metres in length was divided into two zones each zone 40m wide. One zone was close to Maam Seafood Restaurant, the other close to Audi Seafood Restaurant. (See story here)

The removal of the 10% was confirmed to The Phuket News today (Nov 27) by Cherng Talay Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) chief Maann Samran.

Mr Maann declined to comment of the beach vendor issue directly but he did say, “I have decided to set Surin Beach to be a virgin beach with no 10% per cent for beach vendors, it will be a beach for the King and Queen.

“I had a meeting with Vice Governor Chokdee Armornwat and the Navy at Thalang District Office yesterday (Nov 26) to let them know the new Surin Beach policy,” Mr Maann said.

“I had this idea when I last visited New Zealand. I went to one popular park and there is no construction in there, only nature and paths. I like that idea very much and I think Surin Beach can be the same,” he added.

He also mention that Surin Beach is the only beach in Phuket which the present King and Queen of Thailand has visited. Therefore, this a further reason to set the beach as a memorial to them.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/10-per-cent-zone-from-phuket-beach-36-businesses-to-be-demolished-55162.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-27