Asiatique

Jip99

I have been here twice in the last month and have to say that I was impressed with this wharf redevelopment.

There is a lively environment on this riverfront 'bazaar' with a good selection of bars and restaurant. Things for the kids to do and, of course, the mini London Eye.

I liked it and would recommend it for visitors to the capital.

Yeah, great place for tourists who have no idea that they can have better food elsewhere for a third of the price and that they are double-charged for a ride on that "London Eye" rip-off.

Can you clarify 'double charged" ?

Should I have only paid 125 Baht ?

Please post details of places in locations similar to Asiatique that are a third of the price.

Edited by Jip99

Is it a bazaar, or just another BKK shopping mall?

I've been assuming a mall and consequently, not made the effort to visit.

Chic stuff and expensive restaurants....not my cup of tea...quite touristy.

I think that is the point of it smokie, it is designed to be touristy. Hence my recommendation for 'visitors'.

Yeah, great place for tourists who have no idea that they can have better food elsewhere for a third of the price and that they are double-charged for a ride on that "London Eye" rip-off.

Please post details of places in locations similar to Asiatique that are a third of the price.

Asiatique do charge non Thais a higher price than Thais to ride on the wheel ride. But not 3 times as much IME.

Last there in September. Wife, 2 kids and me. Wife queried why they wanted to charge me more as I live here. They asked for ID and happily accepted my Thai DL. But the difference was only 50 baht.

It's interesting but the markets and restaurants are pricier, just like you would find in any similar place in any country, Having said that the Pizza place. MK etc are the same prices as any of their outlets. Eat in a nice restaurant with sliver service by the river and it's more expensive - how surprising!

Asiatique do charge non Thais a higher price than Thais to ride on the wheel ride. But not 3 times as much IME.

Last there in September. Wife, 2 kids and me. Wife queried why they wanted to charge me more as I live here. They asked for ID and happily accepted my Thai DL. But the difference was only 50 baht.

It's interesting but the markets and restaurants are pricier, just like you would find in any similar place in any country, Having said that the Pizza place. MK etc are the same prices as any of their outlets. Eat in a nice restaurant with sliver service by the river and it's more expensive - how surprising!

I have been there twice and I think this place is a very nice for chillin' but it is not somewhere that I will keep going.

YES, I sure I can find some other restaurants in Bangkok that are cheaper but with this good location with silver service THEN I think Asiatique is not bad.

If you got chance to visit Bangkok, you should visit here once.