I Love A Good Junket

Khutan

Never had a junket. Intriguing name though :D . What I would do is google for recipes. surely Junket can be made from an enzyme or something. I think that they had Junket in olden times and tablets wouldn't have been available to Queen Elizabeth I :o

Tip: Try removing quotes from your search to get more results.

Your search - "junket tablet" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

Try different keywords.

Try more general keywords.

:o

It looks like Rennet is what you really need to find. It seems to be the magic ingredient to turn the milk.

It's used in cheese making and supposedly available in supermaket pudding areas.

The big question is if it's available in Thai supermarkets.

Edited by Farma

....The big question is if it's available in Thai supermarkets.

Exactly, or I will have to order the gift pack over the internet.

I will look further. I know its not the most popular dessert, but its nice for a change.

• 2 years later...
<br />My Mum used to make great junkets as a dessert. <br /><br />I would love to make the odd Junket here, so does anyone know where I can buy Junket Tablets to make them ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Make your own rennet

Rennet is used to coagulate milk to make cheese. Today it's generally purchased from cheesemaking supply houses, but here's how it was made at home in the old days. Clean the stomach of a calf as soon as it is killed, scouring it inside and out with salt. When perfectly clean, tack it on a frame to dry in the sun for a day. Cut it in squares and pack it down in salt, or keep it in wine or brandy. When you want to use the rennet, soak a square half an hour in cold water, wash it well, and put it in the milk tied to a string so it can be drawn out without breaking the curd.

I googled this. I would still like to know if anyone has found rennet for sale in Thailand.

<br />My Mum used to make great junkets as a dessert. <br /><br />I would love to make the odd Junket here, so does anyone know where I can buy Junket Tablets to make them ?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Make your own rennet

Rennet is used to coagulate milk to make cheese. Today it's generally purchased from cheesemaking supply houses, but here's how it was made at home in the old days. Clean the stomach of a calf as soon as it is killed, scouring it inside and out with salt. When perfectly clean, tack it on a frame to dry in the sun for a day. Cut it in squares and pack it down in salt, or keep it in wine or brandy. When you want to use the rennet, soak a square half an hour in cold water, wash it well, and put it in the milk tied to a string so it can be drawn out without breaking the curd.

I googled this. I would still like to know if anyone has found rennet for sale in Thailand.

Been looking for rennet for a few month's now ..... any leads I get turn out to be dead-end's.... It has to be here, as there are many company's making cheese in Thailand.... I am amazed how difficult it is to find .... James