Decent bar/eat outside with car park?

yorkshiremotors

Hey all,

So a few of my mates are coming over from the UK for a week... I dont want to take them to clubs like climax etc only to get ripped off and pestered by girls wanting money,

I drive a nice car (audi TT) and like to keep my eye onit (I spend most of my pennies onit and have had it keyed twice)

I am looking for a bar in bangkok I can take my mates too and park up, and also some ladies would be nice but not the in your face type if you get me, just some more genuine ladies who want a drink up but dont want 200 bhat off us every 2 minutes,

Although we will be in Suk I am wanting to drive a bit out of that area, I wont be drinking loads as I am the driver, any ideas?

Cheers

Hi there,

Just read your post and im suprised and gob smacked that there isn't more posts that are similar to the above.

It reminds me of a time when returning to Thailand, I was at the airport and a english man came up to me and said "I heard you speaking Thai so I suspect that you have been here before", I said yes, he said "ok good, can you tell me where I can find the most authentic english pub in BKK", then he came up with a list of criteria for this fantasy pub in BKK, that he was expecting to find, my reply was this "Good luck with that and when you find it please let me know".

As for your post the only advice that I can really give is Good luck with that and when you find it please let me know.coffee1.gif

lol sorry guys, didnt mean to offend... just after any decent bars with a car park I can see my car whilst sitting... I have had it keyed twice and someone has tried to rob it, its my pride and joy... if your not a car person you probably wouldnt understand... I also wanted to show my mates some decent bars without them being haranged by women asking for shots of water... anyway shoot me and put me out of my mysery

Seenspace Thonglor 13. They have valet parking which has always been good when I've used it. An evening's parking is about 100 baht or so. You won't be able to see your car while you sit though.

You've got Brew there, so just about everything you could want to drink in one place, plus lots of food from places like Fat Gutz.

Plenty of very nice women there, none of whom will talk to you first.

Dress smart casual - you're not going to fit in too well otherwise as the place is 80% Thai.

It starts filling up at about 9pm.

Edited by blackcab

I've had my share of nice cars and bikes and understand where you're coming from.

My advice is leave the car home and enjoy the night out with your friends.

Think about it, you won't be paying attention to your friends. All you'll be doing is staring out the window or walking outside every ten minutes to check on the vehicle.

Just drive it out of the city where there's more space.

At Ratchaprueck, Chaiaprueck, Chaeng wattana and so on (in the subs) are plenty huge bar/restaurants with huge guarded parkings. Many cars there cost much more then an old TT and the guards really guard them. If you tip them 100 baht in advance they will sit next to it all night i guess.

Golden Bar, Nana Hotel, end of Sukhumvit soi 4. The only decent bar in BKK at the moment. They have a big car park so you can keep your eye on your precious jewel vehicle.

Golden bar is history now. It is being redeveloped as a "Hooters".

OP- leave your precious Volkswagen at home, and load your crew into a taxi.

Silom soi 4 probably your best bet.. Lots of parking and your mates will love it..

Balcony Bar is your best bet ask for the helicopter.... Tell them big Dan sent you..

Edited by wow64

he said "ok good, can you tell me where I can find the most authentic english pub in BKK", then he came up with a list of criteria for this fantasy pub in BKK, that he was expecting to find

The Royal Oak English Pub Sukhumvit Soi 33/1, and The Robin Hood English Pub also on that Soi.

Above the former is the Comedy Club Bangkok which has several English comedians on the team.

Edited by jspill