Second hand Harley Roadking

dagling

Tell me, have you ridden over here?

Why a nearly 400 kg bike?!

Chris

I ride alot, in fact i have been on the rode for the last week. On my back from ChaAm to Khon Kaen right now. I had two heavy bikes before, a 1600 and a 1700 Yamaha Roadstar and I miss them. FOR THE MOMENT i am on a 2015 Yamaha Bolt 950cc, but riding it for the last 8 month makes me miss the heavy bike more and more.

Ah Yes - the age old question. People who do not ride HD can't see why anybody rides one. People who do ride HD can't see why anybody rides anything else.

age is the keyword here...

A buddy of mine with both replacement knees in Korea ride an Ultra at 70 yo.

RK Classic. It's what I ride. Yep it's heavy but you learn the places you do not want to go. Sand and ill poured cement. You will need some super grip soles on your boots. I am 60 and have let it slide down the highway bars a time or 2 because of sand and being on high places. Too far down the the ground. I am 6 feet. 184 cm.

I use whatever gasoline or benzine i can find. I try not to park it for any length of time with gasohol in it. It runs fine.

Ah Yes - the age old question. People who do not ride HD can't see why anybody rides one. People who do ride HD can't see why anybody rides anything else.

age is the keyword here...

A buddy of mine with both replacement knees in Korea ride an Ultra at 70 yo.

yes, young guys might want something fast and flickable. then when they get older might want a cruiser.

I doubt very much that a carburetor bike will properly handle gasohol.

No problems with a fuel injection though.

All my carbed bikes work just fine on 95 gasahol. Mikuni, Keihin, whatever.

Let them sit for a few weeks and they won't lol

Bought the Dyna 2006. Mikuni carb. It used to sit from end January to first of October every year, full tank of 95 gasahol, with fuel stabilizer and Max 44 added. Fires right up. Time to put the old wives tales to bed I think

Bought the Dyna 2006. Mikuni carb. It used to sit from end January to first of October every year, full tank of 95 gasahol, with fuel stabilizer and Max 44 added. Fires right up. Time to put the old wives tales to bed I think

So what your saying for you to be able to have the bike sit for that length of time with gasahol in the tank you have to add 3rd party chemicals so that the fuel did not turn to gunk and ruin the fuel system.

Thanks for the clarification.

So what your saying for you to be able to have the bike sit for that length of time with gasahol in the tank you have to add 3rd party chemicals so that the fuel did not turn to gunk and ruin the fuel system.

Thanks for the clarification.

25 litres of fuel, 200ml Stabil, 200ml Max 44 to prevent phase separation. Not a big expense, or much work, to have no problems.

Surely if it just an old wives tale as you claim there would be no need to add additional cleaners and stabilizers like you do.

I have said what works for me. Believe - or not. Old wives tale in reference to quote in post #15. And post #17 re: Max 44 - not a cleaner, prevents phase seperation. Enuf said.

Ahhh ok. so you are drip feeding the info when needed.

From the cyclo website for that product

"3 Powerful Synthetic Formulas That Clean Fuel Injectors, Carburetors, Intake Valves, Manifolds and Combustion Chambers Removing Power-Robbing Carbon Deposits and Treat Fuels".

But also goes onto say

• Ideal for marine applications
  • Prevents corrosion and other internal damage typically caused by ethanol blended fuels
  • Keeps carburetors and fuel injectors free from deposits
  • Reverses separation in water contaminated ethanol/gasoline
  • Protects against ethanol/water separation for up to 6-months
  • Restores lost octane
  • Can be used in both 2- & 4- cycle engines.
Do you also have a car which sits idle for the same amount of time as your HD. Do you use the same blend of chemicals in it as well ? Edited by Don Mega

Hi, I used to work for a dealership in the uk, so I would check if it as been serviced regular, check the belt, tyres, and cylinder head tops when the bike is running to see if any oil leaks, and check if any play in head bearings, and really not much to go wrong with the Harley engine, and check if all electrics work ok.