How long can I stay in thailand each year just as a "tourist"

srry just gonna ask, if I want to save money and go just by bus what is the fastest route and how much will it cost/ where can I buy the tickets?

if travelling by bus there is only one company you can really trust regarding safety (and comfort) and that is NCA. I say this because unlike other bus companies they have two drivers that change halfway.

Thank you for posting about NCA. For awhile they did not have a run to Nong Khai that I could find, but they do show one now:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&sl=th&tl=en&u=http://www.nca.co.th/timetable-bkk-ch.html

Chan Tour has also switched drivers, in my experience - but I am often asleep, so not sure if that is a 100% rule. The only thing I see missing is an AC-plug for charging things, though perhaps available. It is nice to arrive with all devices topped-off, given power is not available at other "wait" points during the process.

cool thanks I think im gonna take the bus then since the flight times are bad and expensive, so on my visa it says I "need to leave the kingdom no lter than the 15th" so if I get my ticket for the 15th and only get out of the country early on the 16th will I be charged for overstay?

cool thanks I think im gonna take the bus then since the flight times are bad and expensive, so on my visa it says I "need to leave the kingdom no lter than the 15th" so if I get my ticket for the 15th and only get out of the country early on the 16th will I be charged for overstay?

If you leave the country on the 16th you will be charged 500 baht for one day of overstay.

okay so i think my plan will be to take a bus tomorrow from chiang mai to nong khai then I get to vientiane early on the 15th, I can do my visa stuff and I found a flight from udon thani to chiang mai at 5:45 on the 16th so i'll spend one night then catch a van from vientianne to udon thani and fly back and I can be in back in chiang mai by the night of the 16th, does this sound like a good plan? the whole trip (travelling) would be $100>. Where from vientianne to udon can I get a van?

okay so i think my plan will be to take a bus tomorrow from chiang mai to nong khai then I get to vientiane early on the 15th, I can do my visa stuff and I found a flight from udon thani to chiang mai at 5:45 on the 16th so i'll spend one night then catch a van from vientianne to udon thani and fly back and I can be in back in chiang mai by the night of the 16th, does this sound like a good plan? the whole trip (travelling) would be $100>. Where from vientianne to udon can I get a van?

A similar question:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861561-can-i-make-it/

A lot depends on the length of the queues exiting Laos and entering Thailand. Depending on when you make it back to the Thai side of the bridge, you will know if you need to get a taxi direct to the airport or can take the van to udon, and go from there. Others with more recent experience to the airport may be able to give a better estimate.

A similar question:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861561-can-i-make-it/

A lot depends on the length of the queues exiting Laos and entering Thailand. Depending on when you make it back to the Thai side of the bridge, you will know if you need to get a taxi direct to the airport or can take the van to udon, and go from there. Others with more recent experience to the airport may be able to give a better estimate.

cool thanks but where can I get this number or w.e it is? like do they have a number for the van service I can call once I arrive there or a website or something?

(sorry cant multiquote) @jackthompson I looked up chan tour but the number I got didnt work @asiantravelI called that number but said they dont do cm-nong kahi then redircted me to another place that redirected me to the cm bus terminal

hey ubonjoe, I just found a really cheap roundtrip flight but its from december 17th if I overstay 2 days and pay the 500baht x2 will this also not effect my chances of getting a setv? cause i found this roundtrip ticket for about $80 which is really good for me

hey ubonjoe, I just found a really cheap roundtrip flight but its from december 17th if I overstay 2 days and pay the 500baht x2 will this also not effect my chances of getting a setv? cause i found this roundtrip ticket for about $80 which is really good for me

Still no problem to get your visa. Others wilh much longer overstays have gotten visas.

I accidently booked a flight already so w.e Im gonna lose a few dollars but I'll just get a more expensive return flight, im a noob lol

No reason why you couldn't get the bus back (you'll have your Visa by then so no problems at the land border)

I just got redirected 3 times and the last number they gave me doesnt work, its like no one wants to deal with me lol, where the hell can I buy a bus ticket hahah

Sorry - thought you were going via BKK. To any others, you will need a Thai speaker to deal with ChanTour by phone - my GF helped me out the first time. In person it is easier. I went through 4 or so bad-numbers, then finally reached a Thai speaker who hung up on me when I asked, "English?" GF fixed me up in a jiffy.

Maybe NCA has an option for you - and maybe English - but for reliable information by phone, always best to use a Thai speaker. Speaking a foreign-language over the phone is 3x harder than in person.

yea so i got a flight there annd back (to udon thani) how can I get a van there to vientiane? will they have one at the airport or do I need to buy now online or something? also its okay if I dont print the plane tickets right? like before I always just show them my passport so im just double checking

You will only be able to get a van to the bridge in Nong Khai. Just look for the desk in the airport for the vans.

I normally print out the e-ticket to show and then 24 hours before the flight I do online check in and print out my boarding pass so I don't have to go to the check in counter.

okay cool from what I read I can still get the setv then

I arrive tonight in vientiane and if I want to make the process really fast and not wait too long what time in the morning should I arrive at the thai embassy?

can I bring a monitor with me in my carry on luggage?

I suggest residing the reports for hotel info and etc. Certainly no problem to get a singe entry visa.

They open the gates at 8:30. Getting there earlier than that would get you a lower number. Thursday is a visa run van day so it will be busy.

It would depend upon how big the monitor is. See:http://nokair.com/content/en/journey-planning/baggage-information.aspx

kk cool thanks and yea i think its fine then it just said I get 15kg allowance which I assumed was only carryon but if its checked luggage then im pretty sure there'll be no problems as ive been travelling everywhere with my monitor. As for saturday where can I catch a bus from vientiane-udon thani?

and does anyone think its worth checking out vang vieng? one of my friends is telling me I have to go there but its like a 6 hour ride there and back to vientiane so yea idk, is it worth it?

Edited by P4K