Getting To Airort Avoiding Bkk

epicstuff

Stupidly I thought. the concept of a new airport might be to take trafic away from the city.

Hence arranged to be at a wedding near Lopburi and latter having to get to the airport to fly to Phuket. . Thinking that we would not have to enter Bangkok by Bus and somehow be able to skirt around the city to the new airport in good time.

Now the day is aproaching we've decided to plan the journey properly, only to find that all busses will still go to Mo Chit and we will still have to make our way through BKK to get to the new destination.

I still can't believe this can be right but can find no other obvious bus service connecting Lopburi (or that general area) directly with the airport.

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something here. I doesnt make sence to me.

Thanks.

I would arrange a taxi and then you can use highway 1 from Lopburi to highway 9 (Eastern Ring Road) to bypass the city and get you to the airport. If you use bus to Morchit II a taxi can take you to airport using Rama IX road which is still on the North side of the city. There may also be bus service from Morchit II but not sure of that. Not sure why you would expect inter city bus service to terminate at the airport.

What I was meaning, is that I was trying to avoid an intercity bus link. Going anywhere near Mochit is slow moving, I expected/ hoped for a direct airport link from most major towns around BKK. and was suprised to see there wasn't.

So can I assume that you are from Lopuri (by your name) and therefor know that this doesnt exist. And so, if time is of the essence then a taxi is the only direct connection avoiding the city or any conjestion thereabouts? Lopburi to Airport is a fair old drive by taxi. It sounds like an expensive option to me . lots of KM's and a fair few 'tolls' to boot. Hardly comparable to a bus service.

If'you've done it; how much is it likely to cost? Alternatively where could you get off a bus to avoid the slow moving bit into the city to liaise with a taxi to complette the journey as mentioned by Highway 9.

Sorry, my map doesnt make this clear.

According to a map distributed by AOT, there is a city bus service between Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi (number 554) that uses Chaeng Wattana and Ramintra road to get to the Rama 9 expressway. If you can get the Lopburi bus to drop you at Don Muang, that may be a sensible option. I've noticed that bus 2 or 3 times on Ramintra road, so the service seems up and running.

The same map also mentions a service between Rangsit and Suvarnabhumi but doesn't give a number or specific pick-up place in Rangsit (could be Future Park, but... :o ).

You can get off at the airport and take one of the buses as previously mentioned that runs between the two airports. Avoid rush hours and times of downpours as this will slow traffic to a standstill especially going down Phaholyothin Rd towards Ramintra. Traffic along Phaholyothin can be slow at the best of times due to all the traffic lights.

Best bet. Get off the Lopburi bus at Future Park Rangsit and take a taxi from there. Tell the driver to go along the Rangsit-Ongharok Rd (R33) towards Nakhon Nayok and then look for the signs along the way for Suvannabumi Airpot which will direct you onto the A9 ring road.

At a guess, the A9 ring road system is about 15km from Rangsit.