Phuket Tourist Police arrest Russian woman working illegally as real estate agent

webfact

Land fraud?

Why don't they look at the influential Phuket families that made their money mining tin?

They leased land from the government for mining and when the lease mining concession expired, instead of handing back the land, they kept it all.

These families "own" thousands upon thousands of rai in Phuket.

Land fraud?

Why don't they look at the influential Phuket families that made their money mining tin?

They leased land from the government for mining and when the lease mining concession expired, instead of handing back the land, they kept it all.

These families "own" thousands upon thousands of rai in Phuket.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_on_title

Some very simple rules for buying or renting property in Thailand:

1. Rule: Never ever buy a property, ONLY RENT

2. Rule: If you rent a property never ever rent it from all the "reputable", "foreign", " international companies", they charge you more than 50% than the Thai owner or a Thai agent

3. Check different sources before you rent, you will be surprised how often the same property is for rent at different agents for different prices

4. Always negotiate the price, you can get minimum 10% of a deal

5. Never ever pay rent for 1 year in advance, if you do so only when you know the owner since ages and trust him like a brother, also 1 year advance payment should lead to a reasonable discount.

After all the Phuket property market is and overcooked scam business, for an example: Look at Real2 life condo at Naiharn. I was offered an apartment in there more than 2 years ago with the promise it would be finished up in 4-5 month even if a monkey could see it would take - if the funding is in place :-) - around

9 month to finish it. Today ? They not even finished "shell and core", Hahaha :-)))))).. I followed Rule No. 1 by the way.

This Island is full of such projects. Diamond condominium at Bang Tao ? Same promises and the project started 1 year later than scheduled, and many many more. Most projects are never fully funded and rely on potential buyers.

AGAIN: RULE NO.1 NEVER EVER BUY PROPERTY IN THAILAND. Also not a finished project. Why you should ? You get nothing. Not even a proper Visa is connected to this buy. Better go to Malaysia, at least you get a residency ( renewable ) for 10 years if you buy property worth around 1 (?) Mio. Ringit.

Rent only, same ruler actually apply for Thai Women :-)

Please give examples, especially of Rule 2 and 4

The owner was afraid that the advert could possible be fraudulent and could see any buyer defrauded for their money. They also felt it would lead to damage to Phuket’s real estate market.

Any land sale in Phuket is likely to be fraudulent. The provincial land division sold fake land deeds for years, often for land which had been reserved for open or public use. Phuket's real estate market has been irreparably damaged by greed and corruption of its governmental officials. Why don 't they set up stings so that they can prosecute the land division officials rather than some insignificant foreigner trying to eek out a living in Thailand?

Since you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Once again the priorities of the police are very misguided.

Big deal...a Russian women selling a condo.

Granted.......( If ) the woman is pulling a scam then she should be dealt with accordingly.

Personally I am not comfortable when people are criminalized for something as minor as acting as a real estate agent....... as long as there is no scam involved.

Cheers

Some very simple rules for buying or renting property in Thailand:

1. Rule: Never ever buy a property, ONLY RENT

2. Rule: If you rent a property never ever rent it from all the "reputable", "foreign", " international companies", they charge you more than 50% than the Thai owner or a Thai agent

3. Check different sources before you rent, you will be surprised how often the same property is for rent at different agents for different prices

4. Always negotiate the price, you can get minimum 10% of a deal

5. Never ever pay rent for 1 year in advance, if you do so only when you know the owner since ages and trust him like a brother, also 1 year advance payment should lead to a reasonable discount.

After all the Phuket property market is and overcooked scam business, for an example: Look at Real2 life condo at Naiharn. I was offered an apartment in there more than 2 years ago with the promise it would be finished up in 4-5 month even if a monkey could see it would take - if the funding is in place :-) - around

9 month to finish it. Today ? They not even finished "shell and core", Hahaha :-)))))).. I followed Rule No. 1 by the way.

This Island is full of such projects. Diamond condominium at Bang Tao ? Same promises and the project started 1 year later than scheduled, and many many more. Most projects are never fully funded and rely on potential buyers.

AGAIN: RULE NO.1 NEVER EVER BUY PROPERTY IN THAILAND. Also not a finished project. Why you should ? You get nothing. Not even a proper Visa is connected to this buy. Better go to Malaysia, at least you get a residency ( renewable ) for 10 years if you buy property worth around 1 (?) Mio. Ringit.

Rent only, same ruler actually apply for Thai Women :-)

Please give examples, especially of Rule 2 and 4

Rule number # 6: Do not question good advice....lol

Why isn't there a picture with her sitting down behind a table with all brochures/evidence laid in front of her and a bunch of cops behind her?

Kinda off-topic... should I report my neighbor for working remotely for a UK company while living in Thailand on a tourist visa? :)

There are tons of Russians working illegally in Pattaya, .. tour guides, tour promoters, sales agents, not to mention the bars with Russians in Walking Street! Wake up Thailand and stop welcoming these people that do not respect your customs or culture. They do not like Thai food or thai people, .. they come here because this is the easiest place on the planet for them to come, .. you are now the only country that allows Russians in without first obtaining a Visa.

Do you ever wonder why the rest of the countries require them to apply for a visa first?

There are tons of Russians working illegally in Pattaya, .. tour guides, tour promoters, sales agents, not to mention the bars with Russians in Walking Street! Wake up Thailand and stop welcoming these people that do not respect your customs or culture. They do not like Thai food or thai people, .. they come here because this is the easiest place on the planet for them to come, .. you are now the only country that allows Russians in without first obtaining a Visa.

Do you ever wonder why the rest of the countries require them to apply for a visa first?

Thais worship money and their money is as good as anyone else.

That's not fine while we have the majority of people who try their best to live legally.

Tarrred by the same brush by criminals. The lowest of the low of Farang scum and rubbish.

Sooner they are driven out the better.

Edited by arunsakda

I have no problems with the Russians actually, better and more honest than Thai and most of the other dump foreigners on the island, like American, Aussies and especially the French an Nigerians ( Drug-dealers ). Only look around at the heavily tattooed suspects at Bangla Road, they are mostly NOT Russians. Most Russian living here long time with families and spending money on accommodation and schooling for their kids, and this much more than a lot other nationalities. Even the Chinese - despite the fact that they are terrible noisy when flying - are better for Thailand than most of the "western" tourist.

Regarding the question for an example of 50% higher prices involving a "foreign owned" agency ? Harvest Property in Rawai. 2 Years ago I got an offer from a well known Thai lady for rent her house. I came to Phuket to check out and bumped into Harvest property. They offered me the same house for 50% more than the Thai lady.

10% Discount is easy if you know that the Agent gets 10% from the rental, sooo ???

Regarding the comment "renting and paying no taxes". This is common in Asia ( Central-, South-, South East ). I suggest to people who want to pay taxes to move back to the "western world" and be a slave of their states. Nobody should ever pay taxes to any government except on goods he buys, all other is modern slavery.

"Nobody should ever pay taxes to any government except on goods he buys, all other is modern slavery."

Sure, if you say so. It must be true.

I'll bet you come from a country that the author of 1984 also came from. And you benefitted your whole life from infrastructure based on high taxes, roads, healthcare, pensions, social welfare.

Name one country anywhere in the world that has at anytime successfully implemented your economic 'philosophy'.

I call it a 'philosophy' because the correct answer is:

I'll bet you come from a country that the author of 1984 also came from. And you benefitted your whole life from infrastructure based on high taxes, roads, healthcare, pensions, social welfare.

Name one country anywhere in the world that has at anytime successfully implemented your economic 'philosophy'.

To your first question: Yes I do, I come from a country of the western world but luckily left very early and started to work abroad ( and still do - and luckily not in Thailand ). I may will get a very very small pension as I not paid in the system very long, paid my doctor bills / insurances since more than 25 years ? myself etc. etc.

I not want to give anything to a state ( better to pay the mafia ) and do not want anything from a state. Instead of putting my money into a bankrupt pension system I invested my money in property which gave me much better returns and I am luckily independent from all this " social welfare crap".

To your second question: I don't know and I really not care. I do not care about any state, I care - mentioned in order: Myself, My children, My wife, my friends ( I mean real ones not the crap I drink in a bar with ) ...and for people who pay my wages. That's all.