Where to Buy Light “Smart Casual” Leather Shoes, Regular Size

henrik2000

Hello. In Pattaya i would like to buy light “smart casual” summer leather shoes, perhaps even half-open ones (“slippers”?), regular size, not handmade, not sneakers, not boots. The price should be no more than in the west.

My first idea would be to look in Central Festival. I have been to the shoe store on Beach Road not far from Walking Street (Bata?), but thought the stuff looks a bit clumsy.

Once in Bkk in Central Chitlom i found very nice shoes in a boutique within the department store (not on the main shoes wall). According to the sales girl, these shoes were “designed in Italy and made in Thailand, sir”. Whatever, i liked them, still wear them and i wonder if you know any alternative to looking around Central Festival or if you would recommend one certain outlet within Central Festival? Google didn’t turn up something promising.

Thanks!

I bought a pair in the Findig shop within Mike's over 2 1/2 years ago.

Brown leather slip-on. Paid approx. 2000 baht.

Bit pricey for Thailand maybe but they are most comfortable and they are still going strong and still look good!!

I wear them most days, have done a lot of walking in them.

You get what you pay for!!

Hi, thanks for your info!

Msr Happy, so you mean a Findig store inside Mike's and not nearby a separate Findig on Beachroad next to soi 13/4?

Andrew, sorry, Google Maps is not clear about Tesco Lotus Sukhumvit Pattaya, they show a variety of places - if i tell a motorcycle taxi to bring me there, is it clear where to go?

Thanks!

I used to get "Stuttgart" brand of sandals at both Big C and Tesco. Not been able to find them at either this entire year. Anyone have any idea where they are sold? A google search indicates still made here but no outlets or even online options found. I like to have one in reserve and time has come to call up the reserve but nothing but an empty closet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks again for your recommendations. I managed to run by chance into the recommended Ecco store in Central Festival after i hadn't found it on the floor plan. I agree that they have very nice shoes, but a very limited selection also. There (on 2nd floor i believe) also was one small store which sold exquisite leather bags and just 2 or 3 pairs of shoes for around 4900 THB which were very delightful as well, a very very smooth leather and relatively un-ornamental design. I'd be worried that i'd ruin them too fast though.