Which Passport Line?

jdrags

I plan to enter Thailand at Suvarnabhumi in early January 2016. I will have nonimmigrant "o" visa in my passport. My Thai wife will be with me. I have always gone through the FOREIGN PASSPORT line but someone told me (a falang also in line but not with is wife) that I could go through the THAI PASSPORT line if I was with my Thai wife. I would like to confirm this prior to getting in line. Thanks!

that is what a lot do, but coming back last week on my own, i noticed that most of the Thai counters were automatic barriers, and not manned barriers, maybe someone who has been in the Thai line recently will be along in a minute

• 3 weeks later...

I did this a few weeks ago and had an interesting interaction with the IO. My wife went through first, and when I step upped, as I usually do, I said "I have a visa." Before even opening the passport he raises an eyebrow and asks, "Non-O?" When I responded in the affirmative he harrumphed and went as slow as possible checking each of my annual multi-entry visas and all my entries before grudgingly giving me my 90 day stamp.