Tourist police experiences..

Richie23

I'm rarely an OP, but twice in the past 4-6 weeks I've had reason to call the tourist police. Both times I've had no answer. The phone just rings and rings. I've been here on two back to back triple entry tourist visas from thre UK and never had reason to call them until recently. Point being, irrespective of the circumstance, has anyone experienced the same? I'm starting to think, what is the point, other than 'desk' on walking street...

Thank you kitten kong. Maybe I went wrong by dialling 1155

Not wrong.

1155 is the published number of the tourist police.

1337 is some "Pattaya City Callcenter", a number often displayed in Pattaya.

Of course you could expect that 1155 works, but after searching through some older threads ... whistling.gif

Tourist police hotlne not working in THE tourist hotspot: just another to the heap of Thai "jokes".

Not wrong.

Of course you could expect that 1155 works, but after searching through some older threads ... whistling.gif

Tourist police hotlne not working in THE tourist hotspot: just another to the heap of Thai "jokes".

Not working because the guy on the other end has had his deckchair removed from the beach cheesy.gif

Not wrong.

Not working because the guy on the other end has had his deckchair removed from the beach cheesy.gif

Or they don't speak English and don't want to embarrass themselves.

PS. That's a serious suggestion!

I called them once in 2013. They were great. A lady answered the phone and a car with two officers came over to Soi Lengkee. I had a hotel issue. Owner took off with the prepaid money but that night the toilet backed up and the room was unusable. No other room offered, she claimed she was in Bangkok, etc, then stopped answering the phone. Police came, the older police fellow spoke decent english and understood me. I wrote down in his book one paragraph of the issue, for their records I guess. He called her, and not surprising she picked up. When he was done talking, she called me back, and was very upset at me. I said, well, you took the money, which is fine, but now I am out the money and out a lodging. She still wouldn't refund that night so I had to go elsewhere, but next morning her helper had the money, minus the one night even though the room was unusable. Too bad because she was a cutie. Younger middle aged, had apparently leased the hotel and was renting out the rooms. I liked the idea she was showing some initiative and seemed to be a business person. Oh well.