Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

Manassas

I keep my history of dental problems at bay with regular dental cleanings. There are a couple good clinics in Bangkok, but what about CR? I've read posts about dentist recommendations to fix a problem tooth. But I'm looking for a hygienist who can provide a proper cleaning - as opposed to cosmetic whitening. I see Sriburin has a dental clinic but haven't seen any discussion of it. Any recommendations out there?

I went to that dental clinic a year ago. Made an appointment for "deep cleaning" which was confirmed in writing on my appointment card. Show up for my appointment a week later....get called in and sit in chair. Dentist comes in asks me what's wrong...i tell her i am there for the deep cleaning....she tells me they don't do "deep cleaning" in spite of what was confirmed by them in writing. I'm not thrilled to have wasted my time but say well ok...get ready to leave and they try and hit me with a bill for few hundred baht for doing NOTHING.

Took 30 mins and going round and round to get them to very reluctantly agree that i should not be charged for THEIR mistake. Doctor spoke english but refused to intervene at all with dental admin group.

Needless to say haven't been back there and won't go back again ever.

I know some like that clinic but my experience was not good at all.

This term "deep cleaning" seems to be a scam to me. In Japan thorough cleanings are routinely done. Health insurance pays for everyone so there's no incentive to create a special cleaning category. Anyway, what would Thai "regular cleaning" be? Not satisfactory, I'm sure.

I've done some Googling on this. There are medical schools for dentists in Thailand, but I haven't seen any certificate programs for dental hygienists like there are in some countries. Although there are plenty of dental cosmetic clinics, I'm not sure what their training or services are. The clinics in BKK have foreign trained staff. If nothing is available locally, I guess I can make dentist visits part of my BKK trips.

i have used this bangkok dental hospital for years...they have all kinds of dentists etc to include periodontists which is really what deep cleaning is all about....cost about 1500 baht but they do an excellent job....it's a big place and is run very well my some ex military guy....

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

i had hoped to find a good place in CR but after three attempts have decided to just get it done when in bangkok as ones i dealt with here were not in same league of expertise in my case....