Where can I check the zoning of property?

You need to identify the location on the relevant town plan (assuming that you are in a location that has a town plan). This will tell you what uses are permitted and the maximum floor to area ratio (F.A.R.) so say the FAR is 1:7 on a 1 rai site the FAR would be 1,600 sqm x 7 = 11,200 sqm (Gross Built Up Area). But just because you have that max GBA doesn't mean you can build it, as setback and height restrictions will almost certainly apply...

Building height is subject to various factors, the width of the primary access road being the main one, but it can also be affected by other ordinance such as restrictions due to the town plan or the proximity of the airport.

A rule of thumb, is that the maximum height should be the width of the frontage road and the setback allowance, multiplied by two. Although note that in areas where the road is less than 10m wide the maximum height should not exceed 23m.

Setback allowances vary by a number of factors, proximity to other buildings, water courses, width of the road, coast line, forestry etc.

Multiple pieces of legislation and regulations, all of which are in Thai, must be consulted. This is not something that can be done by phone.

If it's a sizable development you should seek professional advice, but then again I'm biased so I would say that wouldn't I?

From the crazy quilt building patterns I have seen, one would get the idea that there is no zoning or planning at all, especially in Pattaya. It seems more a function of who you know that will give you a pass to build whatever you like on your land. There is a gigantic eight story condo project on Thepprasit Soi 9 in Jomtien that has virtually no setback from the road. The first floor balconies look so close to the road that if a resident was to rest his elbow on the railing it may get hit by a passing vehicle.. Also not taken into account is the amount of traffic this project of a few thousand condos and an even larger one just down the road will bring to this soi that is barely 10m wide with no way to widen it. Pure lunacy, but then, it's all about the money, isn't it?

Hi. in similar situation

Bought large plot many years ago, and was told it was in residential.. zoned are (Mabprachan )

Plan to sell , and only recently aware of the zoning issue.

is the zoning by colour code, ie green/ red/ white etc?

And does the zoning designation in some instances not allow any residential construction?

currently the land is farmed, but backs onto a moobhan/village.

would be a disaster if updated zoning has now designated this farming land purely for agriculture.

pray i am wrong and zoning is more about the specifications and regulations that need to be followed when you build.

Finally assume the designated Tessa Ban.is not the local government building that we pay our annual land taxes too?