Temporary Internet In Uk

slippery when wet

Hi All.

I am in the process of changing my phone and internet service provider in the Uk but need to wait a month after one service provider stops and the other begins due to the connection of phone lines.

Is there such thing as a dial up card such as is used in Thailand where you can connect without having to sign up for a 12 month contract.

Thanks....Slippery

Hi All.

I am in the process of changing my phone and internet service provider in the Uk but need to wait a month after one service provider stops and the other begins due to the connection of phone lines.

Is there such thing as a dial up card such as is used in Thailand where you can connect without having to sign up for a 12 month contract.

Thanks....Slippery

Hi slippy

I am one of the thousands awaiting Talk Talk hook-up I use 08445352121 for a dial up.its about a penny a minute and u have to manually set it up on XP following the 'Connect to' windows. What I do next year when I live in Thailand, god only knows :o

Do your own maths but I use

http://www.fast4.net/_files/dial.asp

for short-term internet, £5 a month unlimited.

The only problem is they cancel rather quickly so I change my payment method from credit card to direct debit after signing up (use the credit card as sign up isthen instantaneous) and just before the end of the month cancel the direct debit and e-mail fast4 a cancellation. They always try to collect the direct debit but never succeed!

Do your own maths but I use

http://www.fast4.net/_files/dial.asp

for short-term internet, £5 a month unlimited.

The only problem is they cancel rather quickly so I change my payment method from credit card to direct debit after signing up (use the credit card as sign up isthen instantaneous) and just before the end of the month cancel the direct debit and e-mail fast4 a cancellation. They always try to collect the direct debit but never succeed!

Fast4Net charges £7.99 per month. Getting UK ISP's to stop taking payments off your card after you cancel can be a big problem. Virgin Net is particularly bad.

That's why I use www.mipcards.com at £10 for 80 hours within 30 days which is the cheapest UK pay as you go. Connection can be a bit slow though. 0808 numbers connect through the BT exchanges more slowly than local-rate 0845's. If you want 0845 metered access, www.clara.net is good.

Fast4 increased their price between my post at 1423 and Trevor at 1830hrs. I had checked and was surprised at the price as I paid £6.99 a month two months ago!

Yes they are bad at stopping taking continuous CREDIT card payments, hence I always change it to Direct debit and then cancel the direct debit.

PS and to prove the change check this link

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:mRfTW...t=clnk&cd=1

That goes to the Google cache of the page from 28th September - not sure if the link will work?

Edited by briley

I used fast4net. Don't pay credit card. They took off one extra month even though I tried to cancel. I found that the online cancel service wouldn't work when having used for only 1 month. I ended up paying 2 months. But I did use it a lot. But I think I'll look for soemthing without credit card payment next time.

I think BT are still doing dial up with no length of contract to sign up for. Just one days notice from you is required.

Best part is first month is just a quid for up to 150 hours I think.

Second month and thereafter is 15.99 I think, not so good.

I would sign up and use the first month, then cancel right at the end of the month. 150 hours for a quid!