Anyone try and negotiate a better deal with their ISP?

bangmai

Sinet is offering me 15/5 for what I am paying 3bb for 10/1 service. I like 3bb, and would hate to start having trouble. In the US, you can often negotiate a better price with your cable. satellite/internet provider by calling up to cancel. Out of nowhere, they will offer you a promo rate, or match the competitor;s offer. Has anyone gotten an unadvertised break in Thailand? Is it worth a try?

Well I did get a deal once with True TV. It had been up and down and up and down They tried to repair it and it just went on like that for 4 months

So I complained to True as to why I should pay for a service that was sub standard. So he offered me a 10 % discount. I said to the Rep not good

I paid for service that was substandard I am not happy. Then he offered me 50% off for one month. I said NO . He then offered me Once free month.

I also said no to that. Then after a long bit of verbal jousting He then offered me 2 free months. I told him OK that was fair and the followed through with it.

But I must say he was just taking the least line of resistance to an upset Farang

I had lots of trouble with my ISP, things suddenly got much better when I started to keep a very detailed log about the speed, bandwidth and customer care. Every month I gave them a copy with resulted in immediate complete waiving of bills of big discounts, I started only paying for what I got. It worked very well this confronting and them saving face. Later I got my own 3 kilometer cable from the mainroad, for free.

Update: the log contained the following info: DATE, TIME, PROBLEM DESCRIPTION, DURATION, CALLED Y/N, TIME, NAME STAFF, FORWARDED TO NAME, PROMISES MADE, CALL BACK PROMISE Y/N, CALLED BACK Y/N, PROBLEM SOLVED Y/N.

Edited by flyDelight