Will the SET break 1000?

Seems to be sinking a slow demise. Everyday a few points down. If the U.S. has a recession, it could impact global markets and cause a further side. What does your crystal ball predict for next year? I am wondering if it could take 5 years before we see a turnaround back to the highs we had last year.

It's trading at a PE of 22 which is high considering there don't seem to be obvious economic gains to be had in the short term.

My crystal ball prediction is a slow decline next year unless any major events happen, in which case we could see a sudden drop, a bit of doom and gloom predictions followed by a rebound.

I must agree overall the outlook is not so good in the medium turn .However there are some good quality dividend stocks close to being oversold suitable perhaps for the longer term investor..

To quote Warren Buffet '' Be fearful when others are greedy ...and greedy when others are fearful ''

' it could take 5 years before we see a turnaround back to the highs we had last year.'

what do you think will happen over 5 years to see an improvement? Where is the growth going to come from during that period?

You have to climb to the top of a mountain of debt before you can slide down the other side. You will not get to the top of this mountain even breathing bottled oxygen.

I must agree overall the outlook is not so good in the medium turn .However there are some good quality dividend stocks close to being oversold suitable perhaps for the longer term investor..

To quote Warren Buffet '' Be fearful when others are greedy ...and greedy when others are fearful ''

What stocks do you have in mind? Could you share a few?

What stocks do you have in mind? Could you share a few?

Wrong place and wrong way to seek advice. Consider starting a private group topic. But you're still taking huge risks, unless the group is clearly identifiable to each other.

You don't say what market/ currency you wish to invest in, not some idea of you needs - income or capital gains.

Where ever, learn how to check not only the dividend yield, but also the dividend payout ratio. Further, Thai dividends are subject to a withholding tax (normally 15% but may be less). If you are paying Thai taxes, the dividend tax may be refundable as a tax credit. The KISS Principle says - .invest in bond/equity funds.

Archived