Partner of killed German seeks justice in Phuket

webfact

Partner of killed German seeks justice in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

p11.jpeg
Police failed to conduct a blood alcohol test on the driver, who allegedly had admitted to drinking prior to the fatal accident. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A woman severely injured in a Phuket traffic accident is demanding justice for her dead German partner, following police failing to conduct a blood alcohol test on a man who allegedly had admitted to drinking prior to the fatal accident on December 3.

“I was conscious, but unable to move immediately after the accident. The driver didn’t stop; he kept trying to drive forward over the top of my boyfriend. I couldn’t do anything,” Patcharin Lammai, 35, told the Phuket Gazette from her hospital bed. “Thankfully, a tuk-tuk driver and local man who witnessed the accident were able to stop the driver.”

Andreas Walter, 47, was rushed to Vachira Phuket Hospital, but succumbed to his injuries the next morning. Ms Patcharin, Mr Walter’s partner of 10 years, suffered injuries to her face, legs and abdominal area. She was taken to Bangkok Hospital Phuket by request, following Mr Walter being admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

“The couple were on their way to Chalong from Kata when they were in an accident with a car driven by Jakarin Rodpradit, 26,” explained Lt Nipon Temsung of the Karon Police.

Ms Patcharin alleged that Mr Jakarin told witnesses that he was not drunk, but had in fact been drinking.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Partner-killed-German-seeks-justice-Phuket/62580?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-11

Another dead foreigner in thailand means nothing, she would be better going after him for her injury’s with her German partner as a 2nd on the case …I hope she has money behind her and time

<snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Anti-Thai comment removed

Just last week, Phuket police were positively full of themselves on their new policy of catching people driving whilst drunk. They boasted of arresting 200 drivers over the period of a month.

Yet, here, a drunk driver kills somebody and wasn't even breathalysed.

The level of dangerous driving on Thai roads is tragic and the police response to it is nothing short of pathetic.

Life means nothing to the Thai. It is a great pity but true. If they knock your off your motorcycle instead of rendering assistance they will try and สวัสดีคะrun over you and kill you. That is my personal experience. Fortunately a taxi bilke driver witnessed the Thai scum attempting to kill me and prevented my certain death. The Thai scum I am referring to is a 55 year old woman . I am now recovering with a broken pelvis and a fractured spine . No assistance was rendered by the Thai. Police

There is no justice in Thailand.

We see it so many times, people (locals and foreigners) get killed, and

if the driver has money or knows the right people, he will go free ....

it's a camry, they arent rich unless he had a driver. Camry's are for status or for farangs that want comfort

Edited by bearpolar

Some real Phuket hospitality there... Seen time and time again. There should be a total travel ban on that Island.....

Knock it off,the same things happens everywhere in Thailand when you have an accident..............drunk or brainless drivers that in many cases try to leave the scene of the accident.