Ford truck

jayceenik

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transam, when you bought your vigo, it was probably the best truck on the market here. Fast forward to today. Now it isn't. Get over it coffee1.gif

But But it has a chip......oooooop's it don't now.....Drat, it wasn't a Toyota part.....sad.png

Trade it in for a Revo clap2.gifcheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

Transam, when you bought your vigo, it was probably the best truck on the market here. Fast forward to today. Now it isn't. Get over it coffee1.gif

But But it has a chip......oooooop's it don't now.....Drat, it wasn't a Toyota part.....sad.png

No-one's attacking your choice of truck - back in the mid noughties when you bought your first-series Vigo it was a fine choice.. and luckily for you, it's still on the road, hasn't (yet) cost you a major repair bill, so you can come here and cheer for it :)

By comparison to the trucks people are buying now, it's - and I'm sorry to say it - just prehistoric.

I suggest you go kill some of your retirement relaxation time doing some test driving mate - you are a car nut after all - then maybe you'll understand why people aren't really queuing up to support your POV ;)

Oh no, another TV POTY. Last year's was kinda sad, think I might avoid the threads this year.

Us gear heads must stick together, show them that GRUNT rules.......intheclub.gif

Grunt? You've got one of those Toyota pickup haven't you? They don't exactly rule in the grunt stakes!

Edited by Alration

Oh no, another TV POTY. Last year's was kinda sad, think I might avoid the threads this year.

Us gear heads must stick together, show them that GRUNT rules.......intheclub.gif

Grunt? You've got one of those Toyota pickup haven't you? They don't exactly rule in the grunt stakes!

Has a chip.........laugh.png

Drat, it did have........facepalm.gif

Yep, it was chipped up to the same power as a stock 3.2L Ranger right? - must have been OK to drive I guess :P

It 'was' excellent....I do miss it...A little....smile.png

OMG, was that a disguised Ford vote? biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

No, it was a non Toyota part.............laugh.png

You just said, that when your Vigo was chipped up to a point where it was nearly as powerful as the Ford 5-pot 3.2L that is was "Excellent". So from that we can surmise two things:

1. The 3.2L Ford Ranger comes "Excellent" from the factory

2. The VIGO doesn't.

Ergo, a vote for the Ford, even if you didn't mean it, consciously.

cheesy.gif

You just said, that when your Vigo was chipped up to a point where it was nearly as powerful as the Ford 5-pot 3.2L that is was "Excellent". So from that we can surmise two things:

2. The VIGO doesn't.

cheesy.gif

1. True with the numbers.........But LOS folk want reliability and a huge second hand value from a Jap machine when selling.

2. The Vigo does everything LOS folk want that don't drag race at the stop lights. They want their LOS Rolls...

smile.png

Those cards are getting pretty worn out now mate biggrin.png

2. The VIGO doesn't.

cheesy.gif

1. True with the numbers.........But LOS folk want reliability and a huge second hand value from a Jap machine when selling.

2. The Vigo does everything LOS folk want that don't drag race at the stop lights. They want their LOS Rolls...

smile.png

Not at all..Thai folk talk to me, same as farangs.....They want to TRUST something, and they do..It ain't a.................

OK, then if trust is the only thing that matters, and Toyota is supposedly the only brand that gets it, why is the Hilux's private buyer market share dropping like a rock?

Edited by IMHO

I do not for one second believe Thai folk trust that the Revo is as reliable as the Vigo.

Why's that....Tiger was a hit, Vigo was, who told you about the Revo..?

Trust in a brand ... that's buying without even a test drive....I'll never understand that, but it seems the norm here for Thais. Many would net even entertain the thought of testing an everest/ranger.

2. The VIGO doesn't.

cheesy.gif

smile.png

Not at all..Thai folk talk to me, same as farangs.....They want to TRUST something, and they do..It ain't a.................

OK, then if trust is the only thing that matters, and Toyota is supposedly the only brand that gets it, why is the Hilux's private buyer market share dropping like a rock?

what do you mean with private buyer market dropping like a rock? Do you have any stats for this?

I do not for one second believe Thai folk trust that the Revo is as reliable as the Vigo.

Yeah blind trust is something I will never understand.

Toyota and their pickups have has some spectacular failures over the years with all models affected, Saying that so has Ford however the current crop of pickups has me seriously looking to trade my aging Vigo for a Ranger.

Good for you TA.

Now if only you would understand your blind faith is in a vehicle that is now redundant. You harp on about it like it is the best thing since sliced bread..... which it is far from.

Edited by Don Mega

Trust in a brand ... that's buying without even a test drive....I'll never understand that, but it seems the norm here for Thais. Many would net even entertain the thought of testing an everest/ranger.
Not just Thais, you'd have to pay me to get in a sh*te Ford

Too many of us Brits have bad mems from the 70~90's.. Doubt very much they have improved, however many bells & whistles they load on them.

Edited by phutoie2

Hello everybody. This is the OP.

Lively talk on this thread biggrin.png

Just got a Skype call from TGF from her village (Phosai 100 km ENE from Ubon).

She is helping papa-mama with the new truck purchase papers.

It's gonna be a ... Toyota Revo 4-door silver 5555555 laugh.png

Papa was originally dead set for a Ford Ranger but after they went to Ubon yesterday and compared Toyota and Ford at the dealerships he changed his mind.

He finds the Revo more suay and convenient than the Ranger ... and it's the Revo he now wants .

TGF mentioned price @ 900k.

It is bought on instalment ...

Well let me assist you,

Toyota - 13,941 trucks sold in October, 39.3% of the market. Yep struggling there

Best not mention the Ford sales, but no doubt you will be along with your rosy specs figs.

That includes fleet - as I said, I'll see what I can post re: private sales.

Good for you TA.

Now if only you would understand your blind faith is in a vehicle that is now redundant. You harp on about it like it is the best thing since sliced bread..... which it is far from.

Load of rollox, but.....My truck is over 8 years old. Drives like new, sees stuff off at the lights, no rattles, no bangs, no clattering, engine is still quiet after warm up, auto is sweet, so what more do YOU want from a truck...Gizmos with flashing lights to tell you you need a pee or where your lady is....What...?

No. Your pickup drives like an 8 year old pickup. Much like mine does.

Not sure why you would want a gizmo that tells you when you lady needs a pee but as this is the motoring forum so I will that kink well alone. but good for you though.

Yes. Your 8 your old pickup drives exactly like an 8 year old pickup.

If you think otherwise then you are delusional.

Well of course rolleyes.gif . So tell me where the latest offerings are different...

Ride quality and NVH.

something a 1970's design pickup suspension suffers badly from.

Load of rollox, but.....My truck is over 8 years old. Drives like new, sees stuff off at the lights, no rattles, no bangs, no clattering, engine is still quiet after warm up, auto is sweet, so what more do YOU want from a truck...Gizmos with flashing lights to tell you you need a pee or where your lady is....What...?

no rattles....no clattering,

I knew it, I was given special edition from toyota with rattlesbiggrin.png

Yes. Your 8 your old pickup drives exactly like an 8 year old pickup.

If you think otherwise then you are delusional.

Well of course rolleyes.gif . So tell me where the latest offerings are different...

Ride quality and NVH.

So whats changed on suspension stuff...?

I guess what you're trying to do here is challenge Don Mega's technical knowledge of suspension system design and calibration, but if you knew what his job was, you probably wouldn't do that tongue.png He's the right guy to ask for suspension advice from though wink.png

Anyways, it's silly. Everyone that's driven a current generation pickup has experienced the difference. It's not subtle.

Let's turn this around a little...

@Don Mega: In your opinion, is it possible to upgrade the suspension on a VIGO so it has similar ride quality and handling to a new generation pickup? Let's set the bar low, and call it a Revo or Triton - rather than a Ranger or BT-50. Do the shorter rear leaf lengths on the VIGO represent too much of a limitation?

Edited by IMHO

Ride quality and NVH.

So whats changed on suspension stuff...?

I guess what you're trying to do here is challenge Don Mega's technical knowledge of suspension system design and calibration, but if you knew what his job was, you probably wouldn't do that tongue.png He's the right guy to ask for suspension advice from though wink.png

Anyways, it's silly. Everyone that's driven a current generation pickup has experienced the difference. It's not subtle.

Let's turn this around a little...

@Don Mega: In your opinion, is it possible to upgrade the suspension on a VIGO so it has similar ride quality and handling to a new generation pickup? Let's set the bar low, and call it a Revo or Triton - rather than a Ranger or BT-50. Do the shorter rear leaf lengths on the VIGO represent too much of a limitation?

A dual stage progressive comfort leaf spring and foam cell pro shocks improve the Vigo A lot.

All this 1970's comparison talk is really daft. LOS trucks all still have leaf springs at the rear, you can fool around with the designs but they are still

incredibly old tech when it is possible to use coils if manufactures want, but at a cost.

NVH, (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), my truck don't make a noise, most certainly doesn't vibrate, and is only harsh over a bumpy road if unladen.

Now IF the latest offerings scrapped leaf springs I would listen. My 88 Volvo estate had coil springs but had very clever shocks that adjusted ride height without the use of an air pump when carrying heavy loads..

Anyone, tell me of a truck in LOS designed to carry a load that rides like a saloon, as a few here are implying.

Oh and I know what DM does if I am right as to who I think it is..smile.png ..

So you have done a direct back to back comparison of your old Vigo to the new Revo ?

Anywho at the end of the day if you are happy with your ride thats all that matters but until you remove that blindfold you are wearing you really should not be commenting on anything other than your old Vigo.