best value inexpensive hotel central Hong Kong

blomarel

In Hong Kong, "good value" and "inexpensive" are nearly mutually exclusive terms. It's very, very expensive.

I like Hotel Madera in Tsim Tsa Tsui/Jordan on the Kowloon side. Two minutes walk from MTR. It's somewhat reasonably priced for Hong Kong.

(Be prepared for very small rooms, no matter where you stay.)

1.HKG has NO real centre. decide on island=mainly bisnis, or Kowloon=the tourist belt.

2.about anywhere there is near MRT. Get yourself an Octopuscard-9 HK$ loan for short time use. can also pay any small amounts at fastfood+7 etc.

3.prices differ a lot between weekend and weekday. Probably also for Xmas etc.

4.a real HOTel is never ever cheap, and as above: space is at an utmost premium here, even in Hilton/Radisson and the like.

5.use the usual booking sites like booking.com or agoda or for cheapo-cheap hostelworld. And look for GUESThouse, not hotel.

Chkg mansion is choke-a-block full of cheap guesthss, many are the pits. Mostly Arabs and Indians. Also the very best rates ground floor for change cash money, incl THB. Transport up/down (=lifts) is the main bottleneck here.

couple of years ago my I stayed in a really awful hotel with tiny rooms that were like prison cells, shared toilet/showers not far from Jordan station on Natan Road, it was awful but it was US $30 a night. That's about as cheap as it gets in central HK unless you want to sleep in a dorm.