Sauna in Chiang Mai - where?

Easyliving

Hey Guys,

it has been a while since someone asked about saunas in Chiang Mai. The last entry is from 2011.

So where is a good (and cheap) sauna in Chiang Mai?

Here is what I found so far:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/378750-best-saunas-in-cm/ - Threat from 2010/11

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/292720-sauna-in-chiang-mai/ - Threat from 2009

I havent found this sauna. Does it still exist?:

Moonmuang soi 6
Also this I dont know:
"There is a new massage parlor in the complex next to Thanin Market."
This one is closed - i checked it:
Santitham Plaza Area - public swimming pool, a gym and herbal sauna,
"now it's either closed for good or under major renovations. "
Havent checked it. But Im living kind of away from it
http://www.homprang.com/ - Airport Plaza
Where is this:
"Good Herbal Steam Sauna, single cubicles, with controlable heat. Been using it for years, even used by locals. THB 130 if I remeber correctly.
71/1 Rajchapakinai Tai Road 053 -214629 , rooftop setting inside the old city, just off the rajamanka road. "
Gay Sauna. Not sure how expensive
Any recommendations on a good sauna in Chiang Mai?
I prefer hetero sauna (Im not gay). But for the sake of a good sauna I dont care to go to a gay sauna. Because they will be to shy to approach me I hope.
So please let me know - where is a good sauna?
Take care
Easyliving

I have been searching around online for a sauna and have only found the gay ones. Not homophobic, it`s just not my scene.

If you travel on the Hang Dong Road heading away from Chiang Mai, go passed the Makro on the left and there is a massage and spa about 1 kL on the right. They have a sauna on the first floor in there. It`s only a private small sauna suitable for a single person or a couple. Went there with a girlfriend once. It comes as a package with a body scrub and massage afterwards. If you fancy it that is?

"Good Herbal Steam Sauna, single cubicles, with controlable heat. Been using it for years, even used by locals. THB 130 if I remeber correctly.

71/1 Rajchapakinai Tai Road 053 -214629 , rooftop setting inside the old city, just off the rajamanka road. "

Seems to me that is the one I used many years ago there was room for me and my wife in it. Not that I recommend it she can't take the heat I can. If it is the same one it is on the third floor. No lift. They supplied us with big towels. Is it still open?

Old Medicine Hospital behind the Nim Rimping has herbal steam, as well as traditional massage. Price of admission for the steam is 100 tbaht.

Separate men and women.

Yes i thought everyone knew about this one. Price seems to have rocketted though as it was 60bt for years.

Its a great steam though but a bit too uncomfortable for me

So DonDoRondo thinks US$3 is too expensive. And then you guys wonder why there are no Saunas left in business?

I think a price reality check is in order. It is 2015. THB100 won't get you much of anything that's worth a damn these days. Charging customers double that certainly won't even pay the overheads needed to run a quality Sauna operation. Speaking of which, have you tried the resorts? I'm sure they have what you want, and cheaper than back home even then, but like I said, reality price check.

And lest ye think this is trolling, please do look at numbeo.com for the cost of living in Chiang Mai 2015.

Edited by dhream