Sauna In Chiang Mai

axel2001

I am looking for good sauna (not spa) in Chiang Mai but strongly not for gays (if it's possible here:) )

Any ideas?

Thank you.

There was a sauna on the road to Mae Rim (RH side approx 1.5 - 2.0 km's from the inner super highway.

I do believe it might now be a karoake joint looking at the fotos of the demondaines posted on the facade.

I never visited but doubt very much that it was a spa for gays, because my BIL (brother in law) was a frequent visitor there.

Don't think he visits now because he was hit in "a drive" by at the superhigway, after leaving said sauna.

He doesn't get about quite so much now because he has been confined to a wheel chair since that night.

Saw a place called 1-2-Come - Massage for Men by Men, might be OK, not really sure if it is gay or not.

:D:):D Come on, with a name like that and "For men by Men" and you're not sure if it's gay? But the OP is safe either way as it doesn't have a sauna.

The Fitness centre at the Centra Duangtawan Hotel used to have a Sauna, steam room and large Jacuzzi (as well as a good gym and a pool) but I haven't been for a while. There's a Sauna in Santitham plaza next to the swimming pool that's definitely not gay, but its very Thai.

I don't get this. I hobbled 10 meters to Spotlight Go Go Bar a few nights ago and had a great night and then I ventured 10 meters in the other direction the next day to Som Sree massage and had a wonderful massage the very next day. There is probably another such venue about every 10 meters all through the city.

If you can't satify your base urges in Chiang Mai, you are doing something wrong. :)

A friend of mine says his phone rings at least once a day, by freelancers. He could get laid twice every day if he had the dosh. He hasn't been inside a go-go club for 6 months. Got propositioned at the pool last month.

I met a family at Miguel's last week, and I can go to Tuskers. Two parties this week in the 'hood.

Listen folks, Chiang Mai is dead. Bars, young lady massage, saunas and shows are practically non-existent for the normal heterosexual.

If you’re looking for fun, thrills, entertainment and a naughty night out, you wont find it in Chiang Mai.

Don't know just how long you have been in town 'sassienie' but there at a minimum of five and likely as many again establishments (young lady massage) establishments all alive and well and at least another one that will shortly reopen following refurbishment.

I agree the bars are dead but if you want to avoid the competition (of the high spenders "or the fools who throw their money around as if it were confetti") now is the time to be "buying the services" of the demondaines. They are currently quoting high fees for their services but like everything else in the world all things are negotiable. And like every one else they have to eat.

Now get your self out there and PM me with the names of a minimum of five places in the (young lady massage) category and that will give every one some sort of idea that your "expertise" (and that is not the correct word either) extends beyond turning a computer on and off :)

Edited by john b good

Ok im also interested in Sauna... ive been looking for a good non-gay Finnish Sauna here in CM.

So far Ive been in the herbal sauna near Airport Plaza, which is ok but not really what im looking for just as its not the real thing and its too cold.

The sauna at Santitham plaza is as close I got, but it was a bit too hot (107 celsius claimed the meter but surely more than 95c) and when I started to pour water on the rocks all the thais started to complain (they where sitting on the floor anyway)... also when I got the bucket out to get some more water and turned my back they confiscated it from me =( so no real thing here either.

Im looking for a sauna where I can throw the bucket full's of water on the rocks without people complaining (that is the way it supposed to use god dam_n!) and temperature around 80-90 c. The herbs I dont care leave those to vegetarians =)

We Americans are metrically challenged at times, but 107 celsius?

No comment on the metrically challenged (thought it was mentally challenged at first read)

107 C = 224 F

Either way it's <deleted> hot.

I used to hate it back in the college days when the beer would boil in the sauna.

About a 1 1/2 years ago, I went for awhile to a steam and dry sauna which was frequented mostly by Thai men probably because it was co-ed. I just got a bit lazy and stopped. It even had a small gym. It certainly was a bargain at 100 baht which included water, fruit and some cooked dessert. They even had one day a week for 80baht. I don't know if they are still open but if I pass by that area in the near future, I'll report back. I can say that they are on Wiang Ping Road on the left just past Suriyawong Road.

Edited by vagabond48

There is always the DIY home option.

Every major market and Lotus Tesco in Northern Thailand sells personal home sauna kits. (not sure about the rest of the country)

Of course they are intended for the obligatory post-partum series of saunas every new mother must go through, even if it is 40C (sorry about the Celsius PB, gotta get used to it)

Not sure why they do it, I've always assumed it keeps the bad spirits away.

-NG

i find this posy in equal partsamusing upsetting and weirdly something or other.

no sauna is gay

ive been in saunas around the worldand when a rather large turkish man start lathering up your orchestras/ balls / cojones/ belongings you are in no position to argue. I personally dont want to encounter any mano mao mano action in any sauna in thailand.

But if you dont like it voice it or leave. I for one dont mind gay or straight men strutting their stuff. As the song goes it dont impress me much.

Now if they letme in the girls sauna............ another story.

BTW anyone received a BJ in a hammaan. fully reco'd

as a quick edit isnt saying a not gay sauna completely homophobic. what are u gayers; just animals. look at the irony in "the office". for your point of ref.

Edited by sagaris

i find this posy in equal partsamusing upsetting and weirdly something or other.

ive been in saunas around the worldand when a rather large turkish man start lathering up your orchestras/ balls / cojones/ belongings you are in no position to argue.

So what are you saying? You prefer small Turkish man?

I use the Sauna at PowerHouse Gym about 3 days a week. Sometime there are other guests inside. (was going to use the word members) Never asked anyone about their sexual preference, never thought of it really. But if you go you could always open the door and ask if anyone in this Sauna is gay. If you get a yes then just wait until the leave.