Non-o To Non-b And Back

Hi all,

Have been in Thailand for several years on Thai wife visa. Will start working soon, thus get WP and I guess, a new visa Non-O. My current visa is good until Jun07.

Just want to make sure that I don't get screwed, once I stop working and having to re-apply or change my visa status back to Thai wife.

If anyone has gone through this before or has any advice to offer, it will surely be appreciated.

Thanks.

As you are already on a non-o 'marriage' visa / extension there is no need to change, you can get your WP against this visa, no problem :D

I'm sure Sunbelt (a highly respected and knowledgeable forum sponsor) will be able to confirm that the process is not significantly different to that if you had a 'b' visa.

BTW :o to ThaiVisa :D:)

Edited by Crossy

As you are already on a non-o 'marriage' visa / extension there is no need to change, you can get your WP against this visa, no problem :D

I'm sure Sunbelt (a highly respected and knowledgeable forum sponsor) will be able to confirm that the process is not significantly different to that if you had a 'b' visa.

BTW :o to ThaiVisa :D:)

Thanks Crossy for the warm words.

joliv999,

Crossy is correct, no need to change the visa to get the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

The additional question is:

if he get a one year extention of stay for his NON-O based on supporting his Thai wife (working in Thailand with more than xx,xxxx per month), and later terminates his employement, would this affect his extension, and force him to leave the country within the 7 days?

.... and later terminates his employement, would this affect his extension, and force him to leave the country within the 7 days?

I was told by the One Stop shop no, once the Non-O visa is extended that is it, as the WP is incidental to the Visa.

I will stand to be corrected on this though. (Kind Warmhearted People at Sunbelt ???)

The additional question is:

if he get a one year extention of stay for his NON-O based on supporting his Thai wife (working in Thailand with more than xx,xxxx per month), and later terminates his employement, would this affect his extension, and force him to leave the country within the 7 days?

No

I was told by the One Stop shop no, once the Non-O visa is extended that is it, as the WP is incidental to the Visa.

Correct, unlike the extension of stay based on business.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Interesting dilemma....do I understand correctly? If you are in Thailand on a non-imm 'O' visiting friends/relatives or extended stay and you secure employment, then there is no need to leave the country and re-apply for a non-imm 'B' to obtain a work permit?

This is something that I was going to do but I'm not sure about it.

Interesting dilemma....do I understand correctly? If you are in Thailand on a non-imm 'O' visiting friends/relatives or extended stay and you secure employment, then there is no need to leave the country and re-apply for a non-imm 'B' to obtain a work permit?

No need to leave the country and re-apply or apply in the country of Thailand for the Non-B.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com