Govt Won’t Publish Salaries on ID Cards

snoop1130

He did not have a bad idea, but bad way to put it across. Read again, the idea was to have the info on the microchip. This means it is only accessible for relevant government agencies.

It is NOT a bad way to keep the statistics and know what your people are earning, even more so in a country where hardly anyone pays tax or has any office to register their skills or be licenced

So why not just a 666 on the foreheads of his wealth followers. This way, tax and treat poorly the rest. Good idea, wake up.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not have a bad idea, but bad way to put it across. Read again, the idea was to have the info on the microchip. This means it is only accessible for relevant government agencies.

It is NOT a bad way to keep the statistics and know what your people are earning, even more so in a country where hardly anyone pays tax or has any office to register their skills or be licenced

You must be pretty naive thinking only Government Agencies can read the Chips on your card or Passport.

For 18US$ or 650THB freely available on eBay

post-155312-0-28009600-1450144894_thumb.

In Europe we have a so called citizen idd number which is given to you by the government / tax department.

They know your income and occupation. , and you pay tax according to that.

The idea was not completely stupid , but never reachable in Thailand because the whole tax administration departments is still in the middle ages.

Only 30% Thai's actually pay tax in Thailand , the rest of the tax is paid by the not welcome ones that are working here.(foreigners )

Edited by terminatorchiangmai

My wife would get a kick out of that.

She lives in Scandinavia now, cleaning schools for the municipallity, and clearing 1.5 million baht a year on her 37.5 hours a week job. (A very modest sallary here).

So first stating her occupation, then her yearly income she would think is good sanook :-)

Something that I've noticed over the years with my married farang friends. They want to be here, and their wives want to be in Europe, America etc, earning good money, and having nicer lifestyle.

My old friend's Thai wife used to get £60 per-day, cash in hand, working in a Thai restaurant in London, thats very big money for many Thais.

You must be pretty naive thinking only Government Agencies can read the Chips on your card or Passport.

download (3).jpg

Yes I am sure 7-11 will be buying to know what your job is

So the next time i'm flying into Thailand and have to fill in the immigrationcard i can select the 200.000 us$ income and they have a free limo waiting for me at Swampy?

To me it's very rude to ask about income while i'm a guest to their country. But my income is totally legally made, how about that of many "hi-so" Thai?

So why not just a 666 on the foreheads of his wealth followers. This way, tax and treat poorly the rest. Good idea, wake up.

Sparky , wealthy are the only ones paying any tax, the rest ? The rest can also work and contribute to the country not only be parasites and consume.

Having this data can also help to fight with corruption as when one states he earns 25000 per month and works for government office, it might be easier to catch them when they go to buy 5 million baht car or have 100 million in the bank account .

To make you sleep better , in your home country you have a tax number where government knows what you earn, banks also know what you earn. They also know rough number of electricians in the country as one must be licensed.

In Thailand ni such system exists, and it's not a bad idea to have .

Clearly some are not intelligent enough to understand that, but it does not make it a bad idea.

In the case of PM, he failed to pass on the message in correct way

So the next time i'm flying into Thailand and have to fill in the immigrationcard i can select the 200.000 us$ income and they have a free limo waiting for me at Swampy?

To me it's very rude to ask about income while i'm a guest to their country. But my income is totally legally made, how about that of many "hi-so" Thai?

Unless you hold Thai ID card , how exactly does this affect you?

In Europe we have a so called citizen idd number which is given to you by the government / tax department.

They know your income and occupation. , and you pay tax according to that.

The idea was not completely stupid , but never reachable in Thailand because the whole tax administration departments is still in the middle ages.

Only 30% Thai's actually pay tax in Thailand , the rest of the tax is paid by the not welcome ones that are working here.(foreigners )

In Europe?

What country is that? cheesy.gif

We got those IDD cards here in the country of Asia too.

post-155312-0-30293500-1450146273_thumb.

Edited by JoeLing

Salary on the id-card? Why not have ones interest-income on the card? Or a copy of the bankaccount (and also proof of legally made it).

What's the purpose of knowing ones salary?

The Thai's are obsessed with money as we all know. I once saw an interview on TV where Phil Collins was being interviewed. Many times he was asked by the interviewer how much did he get for the concert. Many times Phil Collins told him it was none of his business.

The Thai's feel they have every right to know anything and everything about everyone. News flash you dont

My wife would get a kick out of that.

She lives in Scandinavia now, cleaning schools for the municipallity, and clearing 1.5 million baht a year on her 37.5 hours a week job. (A very modest sallary here).

So first stating her occupation, then her yearly income she would think is good sanook :-)

Gross pay of $21USD/hour in Sweden, I can ALMOST believe. Net pay --after Swedish taxes?

Unbelievable.

Sparky , wealthy are the only ones paying any tax, the rest ? The rest can also work and contribute to the country not only be parasites and consume.

Having this data can also help to fight with corruption as when one states he earns 25000 per month and works for government office, it might be easier to catch them when they go to buy 5 million baht car or have 100 million in the bank account .

To make you sleep better , in your home country you have a tax number where government knows what you earn, banks also know what you earn. They also know rough number of electricians in the country as one must be licensed.

In Thailand ni such system exists, and it's not a bad idea to have .

Clearly some are not intelligent enough to understand that, but it does not make it a bad idea.

In the case of PM, he failed to pass on the message in correct way

Off course, a obscure clear clarification will be issued later cheesy.gif

Yeap, many countries in the western world do have tax numbers but it's not printed on our Passports or ID cards.

But as soon anything is on a chip, it's accessible to anyone who has 18$ to spend on a card reader.

My employer, although he does know my tax number, has still no access to the tax office to how much I earn.

I might have several employers and not one might know of the other.

My Bank doesn't know either how much my income is as we do have more than just one bank in Europe.

They might know how many electricians are roughly in a country but not every electrician is on the same

wage package.

Yeap, your right, some are clearly not intelligent enough to understand how bad of an idea that is. giggle.gif

Salary on the id-card? Why not have ones interest-income on the card? Or a copy of the bankaccount (and also proof of legally made it).

What's the purpose of knowing ones salary?

The Thai's are obsessed with money as we all know. I once saw an interview on TV where Phil Collins was being interviewed. Many times he was asked by the interviewer how much did he get for the concert. Many times Phil Collins told him it was none of his business.

The Thai's feel they have every right to know anything and everything about everyone. News flash you dont

They want to know who is "unusually wealthy", depending on who you are/who your friends are/if you are an "official"!gigglem.gif

attachicon.gifdownload (3).jpg

I have such an ID Card reader, but guess what, I have to enter my PIN code to read my own ID Card.

It doesn't matter what ID card i have, in my homecountry it's just simply rude to ask a persons income at all. And even more if that person is a guest who allready had to show his bankstatements to get a visa to see his partner to whom he is married.

Also i don't see the purpose of it, i can select any income on the arrival card and nobody in Thailand can check it. Also income is just a small part of a persons assets but they don't ask for the rest. On top of that, they don't even care about the Thai partner's income which can also be huge and a guarantee so the Thai government will never loose any money on me.

My passport proves that i came from the top5 of most wealthiest country's of the world, i would think that's enough but for Thai it isn't.

I have such an ID Card reader, but guess what, I have to enter my PIN code to read my own ID Card.

Cracking Pin Codes is as easy as 1-2-3

26.83% of all passwords could be guessed by attempting just 20 combinations of four-digit numbers

Pretty stupid huh?

By way of a weak link, to stupidity...

http://ethailand.com/business-news/stupidity-fee-valued-at-9-8-billion-baht-approved-by-thailands-cabinet/290/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=outbrain&utm_campaign=outbrain

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"Stupidity fee"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Think how much money could be made from that!!

It doesn't matter what ID card i have, in my homecountry it's just simply rude to ask a persons income at all. And even more if that person is a guest who allready had to show his bankstatements to get a visa to see his partner to whom he is married.

Also i don't see the purpose of it, i can select any income on the arrival card and nobody in Thailand can check it. Also income is just a small part of a persons assets but they don't ask for the rest. On top of that, they don't even care about the Thai partner's income which can also be huge and a guarantee so the Thai government will never loose any money on me.

My passport proves that i came from the top5 of most wealthiest country's of the world, i would think that's enough but for Thai it isn't.

Stop talking nonsense . Many countries ask your income bracket and occupation and all ask for your income on visa applications Edited by konying

Cracking Pin Codes is as easy as 1-2-3

26.83% of all passwords could be guessed by attempting just 20 combinations of four-digit numbers

Great, only that is 17 times too many, because 3 times wrong PIN code and the card is blocked and only the issuing agency can reset.

PIN code is also supplied with the ID card, same as a PUK code from a SIM card.

Here's a wild arsed idea, how about connecting the working (US company has supplied it) population system into the tax database, DLT, land registry and so on and running a simple batch query to find tax dodgers ... Ah..right, don't want your own name topping the list, now do you. Scratch that, any other brilliant ideas on how to get my paws in the somtam sellers pocket?

Come on guys be fair. Many well dressed men in smart suits brainstormed days for that brilliant idea. Time to get back in the huddle. New ideas, more ideas, throw them out there and see how they sink. laugh.png

The 'brilliant idea' appears to have been to think up this preposterous and unworkable plan to deflect attention from the Rajabhati park scandal, and it's worked very well hasn't it. 'Oh! Look over there!' rolleyes.gif

Edited by dageurreotype

Big bro needs the info to help the poor people, what a loving soul. I mean, come on a free train or bus ride is at stake here. Come on people give up your privacy so big bro can take more of your money for the poor people, because they care so much about them. I microchip in the id card to track your every movement, again, because they care about you so much and have your best interest in mind. Do your part. I am sure it would never be abused, because they care about you. I wonder if this has anything to do with ASEAN entry/world govt.