Govt Won’t Publish Salaries on ID Cards

snoop1130

Salary on the id-card? Why not have ones interest-income on the card? Or a copy of the bankaccount (and also proof of legally made it).

What's the purpose of knowing ones salary?

Just a guess, emm, taxes? No, that would be too logical, how about one-upmanship--I make more than you do, nyah nyah nyah. At least the cops could better regulate the bribe.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salary on the id-card? Why not have ones interest-income on the card? Or a copy of the bankaccount (and also proof of legally made it).

The Thai's are obsessed with money as we all know. I once saw an interview on TV where Phil Collins was being interviewed. Many times he was asked by the interviewer how much did he get for the concert. Many times Phil Collins told him it was none of his business.

The Thai's feel they have every right to know anything and everything about everyone. News flash you dont

They want to know who is "unusually wealthy", depending on who you are/who your friends are/if you are an "official"!gigglem.gif

They are just nosey sods who have no right to know the in's and out's of everything. If you have to py tax in THailand then it is up to the employing company to deduct tax from you.

No matter how much I earn it is not from employment in Thailand and that is what matters.

Edited by gandalf12

People here do not understand the PSY-OPs at all.

THEY NEVER HAD THE INTENTION OF DOING IT....That's sounds ridiculous on the face of it...

Its the Micro Chip with your Finger Prints, they wanted in the first place. Ever heard of SMART DUST? No that's just a "Conspiracy theory" right :)

With a Micro Chip ID, Thai's have to carry Everywhere....the RFID chip can track you anywhere on earth.

Smart Move...Genius.

So what were all the bargirls and freelancers supposed to put down as their sallery? Jeeze this guy is an idiot.

LOL...You really think..These guys are stupid...biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Common...Its Reverse Psy-Op 101....I think you never worked for CIA clap2.gif

They know its ridiculous to state Salary in ID cards...Common...Its a Deflection.

All Thai's will be Bio ID'ed with their Eye Scan and Finger Prints. That is what they wanted.

Google "Smart Dust" "Nano Bots" ....Yeah "Conspiracy Theory" to know why they want to eID you.

eID is coming to all humans on earth. All they want is to TRACK YOU. coffee1.gif

The government is heading straight for a sovereign debt crisis.

Supporting the baht has cost a fortune, the peg doesn't hold and reserves are now depleted.

As the USD climbs in value, the debt will be un-payable.

Capital is flowing out of the country so quickly it can't be accounted for.

Receipts in all sectors are in sharp decline as the environment has become hostile towards investment and competition.

The solution: tax the people to an inch of their life.

This is going to be interesting.

That's a very good question, and I expect there's an opening for an experienced spin doctor now.

but will instead tattoo the salary on forehead. This report indicates this will facilitate understanding where one exists on the hierarchy. it will avoid any face loss situations in which one may think the other is more faced or higher and more eminent than the other

that's the greatest turnaround since Lazarus

Do not be fooled ! The microchip technology means issueing new cards to everyone, 65,000,000 of them , the technology that goes with it will earn some company a fortune.

Information just like the chip on passports will never be declared.

The data base will let the government know who's doing what and where, then the parasites can market and target areas where they want to.

It is a spying tool and information will be sold on just like the government census information in other countries is sold to marketing companies.

This will go ahead but will seem to be toned down.

Big brother wants to make some money out of this and the boys in the park need to recieve.

My wife would get a kick out of that.

She lives in Scandinavia now, cleaning schools for the municipallity, and clearing 1.5 million baht a year on her 37.5 hours a week job. (A very modest sallary here).

So first stating her occupation, then her yearly income she would think is good sanook :-)

1.5 million clear a year on 37.5 hours a week is a very modest salary here come on!! You are really out of touch with the real world here. My g/f's brother quite his job here as a car mechanic making 15,000 a month 180,000 a year no paid overtime with the promise if he worked overtime for free he would be a manager ha ha ha. He went to Korea to work as a mushroom picker along with his g/f for 35,000 bahts a month each and 80,000 each in two years. For this he and she work 7 days a week. I do not know what good sanook means but she should be thanking her lucky stars to make that much.

Edited by elgordo38

Whoops...sorry we brought up the subject...never mind...have a happy day. But standby for our next brilliant "you've got to be kidding me" recommendation.

You must be talking about Gimbo. If his wife makes that much money in Scandinavia she must be sending mia noi ( I do understand a little Thai) money back to him to enjoy the good life. The mouse will play while the cat is away no doubt.

Don’t worry about details on ID cards, says Prayut

Wattana Khamchu,

Anapat Deechuay

The Nation

30274934-01_big.jpg?1450128217911

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha shops for vegetables at a temporary market near Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- PRIME Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha tried to play down public concern yesterday about his government’s plan to add details about people’s occupation and salary on national identification cards.

A public outcry has been growing since he revealed the plan on Saturday.

Many people have criticised the idea because of the potential for people to face discrimination on the basis of their financial status.

Prayut denied that the initiative, which he expects to take effect by 2017, would divide people according to financial status, insisting that it would instead bring many benefits and also reduce tax evasion.

"When such information is included on ID cards, low-income people will enjoy better access to government assistance such as free bus rides, free train rides and free [mass transit] rides," the PM said.

He also noted that it would be clear that low-income earners, such as those earning the Bt300 minimum daily wage, would not have to pay tax.

The prime minister said the initiative, on the contrary, would ensure those who need to pay taxes pay it properly.

"It is going to tackle tax evasion and improve tax collection," he said.

Prayut also made it clear that the extra information would not be displayed prominently on the ID cards, but stored in a microchip.

Interior Minister General Anupong Paojinda said the income information would be compiled, but not shown on ID cards.

"The government wants such information to help plan assistance for low-income people.

"We will study how this is implemented to ensure that it is not going to affect people's privacy in any way," he said.

Anupong said he had instructed the Interior Ministry's permanent secretary Grisada Boonrach to prepare necessary information so it is ready for implementation.

Meanwhile, the director of the Department of Provincial Administration's Registration Administration Bureau, Wichian Chidchanognarth, said ID cards could contain a lot of information.

He believed that when details from various authorities were linked via an ID-card database, people could access various public services just with their identity cards.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Dont-worry-about-details-on-ID-cards-says-Prayut-30274934.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-12-15

He is definitely getting the "feel" of things today and backing off. Yesterday I stated his photo looked like he was expecting the pie to fly but I was wrong. He was really practicing to eat "humble pie" today.

The govt may want that information but it has no place on an ID card.

A natural follow on to the previous suggestion that certain people should not be eligible to vote as they aren't responsible enough.

This thought was probably copied from Hong Kong where the Chief Executive beat LoS to it when he suggested anyone earning less than HK$13,000 a month shouldn't be eligible.

( Baht equivalent varies depending on exchange rate but somewhere in the 50,000 - 60,000 range currently covers it )

it does make you wonder when you look around at some people here.....easily led are the villagers

So what were all the bargirls and freelancers supposed to put down as their sallery? Jeeze this guy is an idiot.

They won't have numbers. Only words. Maybe "ST & LT Farang- ATM Tirac" ( Short and long time)

BTW, mine is soo different and is never asking for any money. And I only send her 45 K/month.

And when I'm on my oil platform, her brother looks after her. thumbsup.gif

Wattana Khamchu,

Anapat Deechuay

The Nation

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha shops for vegetables at a temporary market near Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- PRIME Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha tried to play down public concern yesterday about his government’s plan to add details about people’s occupation and salary on national identification cards.

Many people have criticised the idea because of the potential for people to face discrimination on the basis of their financial status.

Prayut denied that the initiative, which he expects to take effect by 2017, would divide people according to financial status, insisting that it would instead bring many benefits and also reduce tax evasion.

"When such information is included on ID cards, low-income people will enjoy better access to government assistance such as free bus rides, free train rides and free [mass transit] rides," the PM said.

He also noted that it would be clear that low-income earners, such as those earning the Bt300 minimum daily wage, would not have to pay tax.

The prime minister said the initiative, on the contrary, would ensure those who need to pay taxes pay it properly.

Prayut also made it clear that the extra information would not be displayed prominently on the ID cards, but stored in a microchip.

Interior Minister General Anupong Paojinda said the income information would be compiled, but not shown on ID cards.

"The government wants such information to help plan assistance for low-income people.

"We will study how this is implemented to ensure that it is not going to affect people's privacy in any way," he said.

Anupong said he had instructed the Interior Ministry's permanent secretary Grisada Boonrach to prepare necessary information so it is ready for implementation.

Meanwhile, the director of the Department of Provincial Administration's Registration Administration Bureau, Wichian Chidchanognarth, said ID cards could contain a lot of information.

He believed that when details from various authorities were linked via an ID-card database, people could access various public services just with their identity cards.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Dont-worry-about-details-on-ID-cards-says-Prayut-30274934.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-12-15

Is this a "spot the vegetable" competition............?

I wish they would use all this high tech savvy and produce a simple ex-pats chip swipe card that we could swipe say at 7/11 and pay 50 bahts service charge. There would be an initial card start up cost of course we would not want something for nothing. They could then run immigration for us out of a phone booth and save all that money that they spend on the archaic slow labor intensive system that they have now. Then they could really lay claim to be number one status wise in Asia of a modern immigration system. The number of expats migrating to Chiang Mai is exploding while the immigration system is imploding. Its all about the money honey so here is a billion baht savings idea maybe more just send me a commission after you issue my work permit.

Edited by elgordo38

wow, that was a brilliant idea, well done, getting more like a police state every day, ah, but hold on, a slight flaw here, as you can bet someone will spill the beans, and everyone will know what me and my hi-so friends with our noses in the trough earn. why do we pee ourselves laughing,this guy is running a country <deleted>,cheesy.gif

This will save a bit of embarrassment for a few honest high earning generals and also policemen on substantial kickbacks and also for the millions of poorer hookers male and female having to calculate their annual income and reclassify their occupation name tourist helpers.

which one's on display are the vegetables ????cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gif

Wattana Khamchu,
Anapat Deechuay
The Nation

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-15

He is definitely getting the "feel" of things today and backing off. Yesterday I stated his photo looked like he was expecting the pie to fly but I was wrong. He was really practicing to eat "humble pie" today.

and there you have it from the top says "dont worry about ID cards," WE HAF VAYS OF MAKING YOU OK "

which one's on display are the vegetables ????cheesy.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gif

Wattana Khamchu,
Anapat Deechuay
The Nation

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-15

what happened to the anti corruption drive he was so fanatical about, seems to have slipped into neutral gear

more interested in suppression now

The cat is out of the bag and showing true colors. The usual corruption blahblah made for the usual lukewarm PR to get things started behind the curtains.