Modular Helmet

canthai55

After being reminded by this post, I looked into the modular helmets again. I did try the ones interesting for me and ended up buying the Schuberth. Awesome helmet, extremely quiet, great material, pretty warm though. The last days were fine but I'm concerned if I will wear it on hot days in town. For touring an amazing choice.

post-200630-14540766450575_thumb.jpg

post-200630-14540766656052_thumb.jpg

Edited by foodieontour

After being reminded by this post, I looked into the modular helmets again. I did try the ones interesting for me and ended up buying the Schuberth. Awesome helmet, extremely quiet, great material, pretty warm though. The last days were fine but I'm concerned if I will wear it on hot days in town. For touring an amazing choice.

be sure to have the vents set properly, I as I normally do when I first bought my schuberth didn't properly read the info on the setting of the venting and found it a bit stuffy inside, no problems now, although I find the padding around the cheek to be quite thick therefore warm around that area, but you have the option to direct the venting towards your cheeks helping to counter that a bit, ok when you're stopped at lights there's not a lot you can do about that

• 4 weeks later...

If you talk about the internal flaps that cover the small vents that go to the upper front head, they only help a bit when enough speed and the temperature is not too high. Generally speaking the airflow is just not sufficient for 33 degrees and more. On a bit cooler days like now the helmet is awesome. I can imagine to use that in Europe the whole year around.

In the heat of the day and Bangkok traffic the helmet is very very warm. Particular missing a well working chin vent. The new version of the helmet (with a peak) that is marketed from Touratech addresses that appropriately for hot climates.

My Arai Tour X 3 is superior in airflow, no doubt. I still contemplate to prefer that one on longer tours in hot times even though the Schuberth is so quiet and comfortable and convenient.

I'm not suggesting the shuberth is the most superior in all aspects, and I certainly haven't sampled much helmets to compare against a variety, but I noticed a marked improvement when opening the head vents and playing around with the venting control in front of the jaw, I'm very happy with the airflow, but as is norm only issue is when sitting at lights for a period of time, also each rider has different riding style/situation, for example a difference between yourself and I is that I'm never or rarely stuck in Bangkok traffic as I'm an hour and a half outside Bangkok, so for me just a 4 minute ride and I'm on open highway