fat elvis is open

dave2

An endorsement from an Eastern European is certainly all I need.

You forgot to mention that jimmysnuka has exactly 1 post....and he has eaten there "three times" and it's the best burger he's ever had. Lots of members with very few posts think this is the "best place in Chiang Mai".

By the way, Snuka's daughter Tamina is an absolute Amazon. Just sayin'.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scan your receipt from your meal for proof you have been there?

Doubt that's possible, what with the disappearing ink retailers are using in LOS these days.

Edited by Rob13

Tried this place 3 times already. Cheeseburger + fries twice and rack of ribs once. Perfectly cooked and presented food every time. The ribs were among the best I've ever had and I've had a few. So far the top burger place in Chiang Mai for me.

I ll agree with you , the burger tastes good and for what you pay you get your moneys worth . I ve tried I think most of the burger places in town , so far Elvis has got my vote .

Went there the other night and had an excellent burger and fries. But I won't go back. The burgers are excellent but the owner and the drunk farang tourists as well as a few drunk Thais that get up to sing karaoke at blaring, distorted levels absolutely ruin the experience. It is absolutely impossible to have a conversation there.

Went there the other night and had an excellent burger and fries. But I won't go back. The burgers are excellent but the owner and the drunk farang tourists as well as a few drunk Thais that get up to sing karaoke at blaring, distorted levels absolutely ruin the experience. It is absolutely impossible to have a conversation there.

I continue to be amazed by the number of business owners here who shoot themselves in the foot with their obnoxious behavior. Seems to be prevalent in the food/beverage retail industry here.

I continue to be amazed by the number of business owners here who shoot themselves in the foot with their obnoxious behavior. Seems to be prevalent in the food/beverage retail industry here.

There were only about 3 or 4 tables occupied at about 21:00 in a busy tourist location so yes the karaoke must be damaging business somewhat. If I wanted music so loud (and terrible out of tune singers!) I would just walk a few doors to Zoe. Really annoying when trying to have a meal with friends and family. Yes, the owner seemed to be running the karaoke session.

Karaoke ?

Hope its not going the same way as the Mexican place , Loco Elvis ?

Maybe you need to go a little bit more early like diner time at 7 or 8.

And if you think they look bad in circus pants; wait until you've seen them in circus shorts.....they should be taken to the police station for sentencing.

Maybe I lost the plot Bangmai, but who are the "them" you're referring to?

If it's the owner of Fat Elvis, then I'd agree. And he'd be the first to agree, too.

Why don't you go look for that young woman who was sitting on the bench by the moat a few days ago, wearing your favorite garment and crying her eyes out? You could treat her to a meal at Fat Elvis and maybe a night of karaoke to take her mind off her troubles.

And if you think they look bad in circus pants; wait until you've seen them in circus shorts.....they should be taken to the police station for sentencing.

Maybe I lost the plot Bangmai, but who are the "them" you're referring to?

If it's the owner of Fat Elvis, then I'd agree. And he'd be the first to agree, too.

Why don't you go look for that young woman who was sitting on the bench by the moat a few days ago, wearing your favorite garment and crying her eyes out? You could treat her to a meal at Fat Elvis and maybe a night of karaoke to take her mind off her troubles.

I think that he took her to the mental hospital and that shes still there, locked in

as an Elvis fan I wouldn't go there just because of taking the p*** out of the greatest entertainer that's ever been
And i find that using the name 'Elvis' in such a disrespectful way is a massive insult to a great guy.

When I first saw the name of this place, something didn't sit well with me. I couldn't quite place it until I read these posts and then it hit me -- this name is defamatory. Not only in the Thailand sense, but in the real, actual sense.

I am no Elvis fan, but there is no way around it -- this is derogatory and certainly (perhaps in an attempted humorous way) tarnishes Elvis Presley's reputation. This is true even if the owner's name is Elvis. You do not need to be a lawyer to see this. It's patently obvious.

I'm surprised that this name would be allowed to appear on the forum. If I were an attorney for the Presley estate, I'd certainly be having something to say.

For me, I find it gratuitously offensive. Elvis only gave joy though his music; just a modicum of respect might be in order here.

as an Elvis fan I wouldn't go there just because of taking the p*** out of the greatest entertainer that's ever been
And i find that using the name 'Elvis' in such a disrespectful way is a massive insult to a great guy.

When I first saw the name of this place, something didn't sit well with me. I couldn't quite place it until I read these posts and then it hit me -- this name is defamatory. Not only in the Thailand sense, but in the real, actual sense.

I am no Elvis fan, but there is no way around it -- this is derogatory and certainly (perhaps in an attempted humorous way) tarnishes Elvis Presley's reputation. This is true even if the owner's name is Elvis. You do not need to be a lawyer to see this. It's patently obvious.

I'm surprised that this name would be allowed to appear on the forum. If I were an attorney for the Presley estate, I'd certainly be having something to say.

For me, I find it gratuitously offensive. Elvis only gave joy though his music; just a modicum of respect might be in order here.

Funny how each sees things through their own perceptions and sensitivities. When I think of fat Elvis, I think of his "mature" period when he famously would send his private plane to some distant city to bring back White Castle burgers. He was famous for being fat. ...tarnishes his reputation? His reputation includes having a line of women waiting to show him their oral skills, taking vast amounts of pills, mumbeling when he talked sometimes incoherently, .... making some of the worst movies in film history as well as all the great music, ... So when I hear Fat Elvis, I think of ...burgers ! ...and a jelly donut.

Well, if that's the only impression that Elvis made on you -- "He was famous for being fat" -- that's a shame.

I suppose you are the kind of person who only thinks of the misfortunes or eccentricities of a famous person whose private life (read: should be private but wasn't) was larger than life.

You would be okay with shop names such as Hendrix Overdose, Cobain's Shotgun Wedding Chapel, or Robin Williams' custom line of belts?

It's just in bad taste. And no pun intended.

Well, if that's the only impression that Elvis made on you -- "He was famous for being fat" -- that's a shame.

I suppose you are the kind of person who only thinks of the misfortunes or eccentricities of a famous person whose private life (read: should be private but wasn't) was larger than life.

You would be okay with shop names such as Hendrix Overdose, Cobain's Shotgun Wedding Chapel, or Robin Williams' custom line of belts?

It's just in bad taste. And no pun intended.

Such a shame...I guess you didn't read past the first line of my post or you would know I listed a number of things Elvis was known for, the most important being the music but in a burger thread, yea the dude liked to eat em.

As to your examples of other "bad taste" names? Suicides and ODs are not in the same catagory as chubbiness but maybe in your mind... but ok, if a company thinks that works in the marketplace.. I don't care, I am a free speech advocate.

Suicides and ODs are not in the same catagory as chubbiness but maybe in your mind.

How do you think Elvis died? Hamburger overdose?

If the burgers at this joint are "greasy," does that mean they are juicy? I like juicy.

Interesting that there are so many, "This place is great," and so many, "This place is terrible." Unfortunately, that seems to indicate that there is a standards issue. Therefore, I am not so inclined to make a special trip to a place that might be good according to luck.

I think juicy and greasy are the same (?) What makes a good burger? depends on what you are looking for. I don't look for "gourmet" or hi-so burgers, I like mine small, wrapped in a somewhat greasy paper with lots of onion and tomatoe, I dont need much fat so i actually like Thai beef (gasp).... I like the burger shack in the night bazaar food court, next to D2 hotel...former site of the Peak... basic cheezeeburger 70baht...,

re

Interesting that there are so many, "This place is great," and so many, "This place is terrible." Unfortunately, that seems to indicate that there is a standards issue. Therefore, I am not so inclined to make a special trip to a place that might be good according to luck.

probably just as well

coz it was packed with customers one night last week

and i couldnt get in :(

obviously all these people have no taste in burgers and are wrong :(

dave2

post-42592-0-11067500-1453103397_thumb.j

I've been to Fat Elvis three times. I think the burgers, ribs and buffalo chicken wings are all excellent. The two burgers I ordered medium were really good ... good quality meat, cooked perfectly as ordered and nice and juicy ... not dry or greasy which is the problem with other burger joints in town. The ribs are the only I've found in Chiang Mai that could accurately be described as falling off the bone so if you miss that then this is the place to come ... the bbq sauce is good but I like a bit more zing to mine, so I added a good dose of Tabasco to the extra sauce provided. The buffalo wings are my favorite in town ... very meaty and good recipe. Fries are also very good ... not greasy and I like the garlic mayo provided. Recommend adding A1 Steak Sauce to the condiments ... would go great with the burgers. I'll be a regular here for sure and would recommend it to anyone ... but will go in the hours when there's no karaoke because that's not my thing (I think karaoke is only after 9 or 10 pm but not sure).

Edited by Bleacher Bum East