Villagefarang Trailing in POTY Poll

chiang mai

Some posters taking themselves and this subject way too seriously for their own mental health, I especially liked the bit about being disloyalty to Chiang Mai forum members, excellent stuff!

Says the guy who started a new thread to campaign for his friend, lol. But I know what you mean about posters taking it waaaaay too seriously:

Villagefarang said: "That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition."

"Says the guy who started a new thread to campaign for his friend".

Hand on heart I've never met the man, there is something however from what a person posts and the way they say it that says much about them. Are they pleasant, intelligent, fun, have integrity etc or do they keep bleating on about stuff in the past from another forum that they have absolutely no idea about whatsoever and do they think TVF members should only ever support and vote for posters from the pare where they live in a poster of the year competition, you know, that kinda stuff.

Says the guy who started a new thread to campaign for his friend, lol. But I know what you mean about posters taking it waaaaay too seriously:

Villagefarang said: "That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition."

Hand on heart I've never met the man, there is something however from what a person posts and the way they say it that says much about them. Are they pleasant, intelligent, fun, have integrity etc or do they keep bleating on about stuff in the past from another forum that they have absolutely no idea about whatsoever and do they think TVF members should only ever support and vote for posters from the pare where they live in a poster of the year competition, you know, that kinda stuff.

I wouldn't worry about, to me it was obviously tongue in cheek humour. I could be wrong, but it seems that those who took it seriously weren't brought up with Monty Python, Ripping Yarns and Blackadder. As I said, I may be wrong, but Brits have a very distinct sense of humour - I'm always being called out on a different forum I go to, particularly for sarcasm but for all kinds of witty barbs that I shoot. I get muffled sniggers and gwarfs from those who get it and outrage from our transatlantic cousins, often after paraphrasing some immortal line or event that every Brit knows. I even got called out once for not paraphrasing but quoting Shakespeare and once for quoting the words in an old TV commercial. Interestingly, people who's first language is not English usually don't do the outrage thing, but politely ask if there is a joke or reference they don't understand - all posters know the nationality of others.

That may not be the reason, but don't take it to heart. especially not the title. The only reason I clicked on it was that it would not be serious, as evidenced by the cute furry animals and the change to your member description. It would be interesting to know if any Brits were offended by it.

I wouldn't worry about, to me it was obviously tongue in cheek humour. I could be wrong, but it seems that those who took it seriously weren't brought up with Monty Python, Ripping Yarns and Blackadder. As I said, I may be wrong, but Brits have a very distinct sense of humour - I'm always being called out on a different forum I go to, particularly for sarcasm but for all kinds of witty barbs that I shoot. I get muffled sniggers and gwarfs from those who get it and outrage from our transatlantic cousins, often after paraphrasing some immortal line or event that every Brit knows. I even got called out once for not paraphrasing but quoting Shakespeare and once for quoting the words in an old TV commercial. Interestingly, people who's first language is not English usually don't do the outrage thing, but politely ask if there is a joke or reference they don't understand - all posters know the nationality of others.

That may not be the reason, but don't take it to heart. especially not the title. The only reason I clicked on it was that it would not be serious, as evidenced by the cute furry animals and the change to your member description. It would be interesting to know if any Brits were offended by it.

And I don't really, although I do always attempt to try to be aware of the sensibilities of people around me. Having said that, I think much of the angst shown here earlier resulted from the realization that a few folks had been suckered by click bait! laugh.png

I am surprised that so far many of the Chiangrai expats have not come out and carried the home town individual over the winning line.After all,he is the proclaimed voice of reason in Chiangrai and the main poster that as made the Thai visa Chiangrai forum what it is today.

You would think the members of the film club,book club,expats club,bicycle club,local vocals group,pot luck, sole mates walking group,hhh group all still active would rally round the voice of reason.

OMG

They have all gone long ago fronm the Chiangrai forum,they must be all bullies or liars

Think about it

I'll take the opposing view. I met several people visiting here from Chiang Rai last year. During the natural course of conversation, it turns out they used to be TV members but left to join another forum due to what they described as the unacceptable behavior of villagefarang on the Chiang Rai forum.

I'll also say it's very petty of you to post this in the Chiang Mai forum where we have several of our own resident members competing for the same "title". Cheap shot at those members.

Of course it, moving on:

Isn't that a great picture in the OP, a beautiful dog..

No, the cat looks like it's been photoshopped in.

And I'm beginning to think that cat that VF says is his is really Mr. Bitey who hasn't been heard from for several days. He was suppose to go off to a kitty spa for a little retreat to get rested up for the POTY Finals, which start on Christmas Day. Mr. Bitey really got wrung thru the washer last year. He sent me this photo of his relaxing time of the spa a week ago:

post-68373-0-57011100-1450709147_thumb.j

But when I hadn't heard from him for a few days, he sent me an email with his photo attachment. It's a little out of character, but he said he'd taken up a new hobby in the southern islands:

post-68373-0-80232100-1450709272_thumb.j

But then, VillageFarang had the nerve to post this photo of his "pets" in the POTTY thread on the General Forum. I think his pets edit: animals are holding Mr. Bitey hostage in Chiang Rai, having catnapped him from the kitty spa:

post-68373-0-30197400-1450709436_thumb.j

You could have chosen a better title, sounds like he died....

Or was that your intention to get people to click on your post? If so, it is in very bad taste.

I never really thought about it in that context, I just think it's very sad that such a well qualified contest is trailing the lead.

I think it's a "bit sad" to canvas members for votes to win a meaningless contest.

Bah Humbug!

I'll take the opposing view. I met several people visiting here from Chiang Rai last year. During the natural course of conversation, it turns out they used to be TV members but left to join another forum due to what they described as the unacceptable behavior of villagefarang on the Chiang Rai forum.

I'll also say it's very petty of you to post this in the Chiang Mai forum where we have several of our own resident members competing for the same "title". Cheap shot at those members.

Of course it, moving on:

Isn't that a great picture in the OP, a beautiful dog..

If you look closely it is possible to make out one of Cookie’s long hairs sweeping across Tiger’s right eye. I’m good but not that good. Besides, it is an iPhone shot so not that much detail to work with.

This poty thing has all the hallmarks of great comedy.

Will there be a glittering award ceremony in one of the posh hotels? I would like to go, maybe we will see a miss universe type wrongful winner upset or at least a catfight with tiaras and tears flying, the eventual winner looking astounded with a hand fluttering over heart.

Could there even be a corruption scandal with under handed deals going on that would make the likes of Sepp Blatter blush? I would be checking to see if any mods are driving new SUV's.

Big days ahead.

Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

Ahh a persecution complex.. Perfect ThaiVisa material..

The whole Chiang Rai forum was put on pre-moderation for a while, such was the level of abuse.

If you look closely it is possible to make out one of Cookie’s long hairs sweeping across Tiger’s right eye. I’m good but not that good. Besides, it is an iPhone shot so not that much detail to work with.

That's exactly what we expect an international man of mystery to say. No doubt under that suave, sophisticated and yet somehow dour exterior there likely lurks a master forger. We know your type, Cityboy (oh yeah, I'm on to you, townie).

"Loaded" should've been nominated & win, just for that comment about p1$$ing on the bathroom floor somewhere laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

i was surprised at the indignation that comment caused. I mean, I'm sure quite a few of the comments were from members who probably do that anyway when they cough or laugh.

First of all let me say thank you Chiang Mai for your support and kind words. I was more than a little surprised that anyone would make such a thoughtful gesture. Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition. Friends often asked why I put up with such abuse in the past and I tried to explain that I simply didn’t want to give in to a small group of bullies. I enjoy ThaiVisa too much to let it be overrun by the negative posters. Some of us have to stay and represent the other end of the spectrum.
To be honest third place in the competition feels about right to me. NancyL seems to want it much more than I do and Transam probably better represents the typical poster on ThaiVisa. I am just happy to be in the running. Again thank you very much for this kind gesture.wai.gif

Hmmm...how about a link referencing the drama? I missed the whole thing sad.png

Lucky you! That was a very dark time in the Chiang Rai Forum and thankfully has been relegated to the archives. It is not something anyone on here wants to revisit.

I'm sorry, you've lost me now. That's one claim that is too far out there.

You're trying to say something actually happened in Chiang Rai?

First of all let me say thank you Chiang Mai for your support and kind words. I was more than a little surprised that anyone would make such a thoughtful gesture. Sadly I was not surprised that it raised the ire of my detractors who tried so tirelessly in the past to have me removed from ThaiVisa. Of course their campaign of abuse backfired and most were sent packing. Years later they still love nothing more than to spread lies about me and paint me in a negative light.

That is one reason I feel a certain amount of satisfaction and vindication at being included in this years Poster of the Year competition. Friends often asked why I put up with such abuse in the past and I tried to explain that I simply didn’t want to give in to a small group of bullies. I enjoy ThaiVisa too much to let it be overrun by the negative posters. Some of us have to stay and represent the other end of the spectrum.
To be honest third place in the competition feels about right to me. NancyL seems to want it much more than I do and Transam probably better represents the typical poster on ThaiVisa. I am just happy to be in the running. Again thank you very much for this kind gesture.wai.gif

I can't understand it. I voted for you 27 times so you should be streets ahead.

I blame the bloke who is running it for deleting at least 3 votes.