Question about Thai Facebook photos of money?

321Rich

In my online search of what makes a Thai a Thai, I have noticed many times that typical young Thais, mostly girls, love to post pictures of stacks of money and gold bars on their Facebook timeline. I don’t quite understand why? Is it something like by associating wealth with my image somehow I will gain wealth??? I can’t imaging finding a random pictured of a stack of money and posting it on my Facebook Timeline…

post-128718-0-94280800-1450726070_thumb.

Thai kids, not only, especially from poor Isaan families, have almost no idea what money is, where it comes from, how wealth is created and so on ...

They are just dreaming about something they've never had and probably never will - intergenerational transmission of poverty is extremely high in Thailand.

Everything and everyone starts in school. Look at Thai public education system. To make a long story short, total disaster.

Result is ... just look around, you will see.

But don't worry, the guy with patek philippe watch/es is going to save this country.

Peace!

That is not Thai specific, and it is a mistake to premise a thread on Thai traits because of that.

Everyone is drawn to a photo of a stack of cash and what you are trying to elicit here is predictable.

More peculiar is your "online search of what makes a Thai a Thai".

That is odd. What is up with that?

That is not Thai specific, and it is a mistake to premise a thread on Thai traits because of that.

Everyone is drawn to a photo of a stack of cash and what you are trying to elicit here is predictable.

More peculiar is your "online search of what makes a Thai a Thai".

That is odd. What is up with that?

Agree. The OP is just another Thai-basher, skirt-chaser stalking young females on Facebook. Most Thais don't post photos of money on their Facebook.

this isnt an exclusively thai trait; i've seen photos of cash posted by people of other nationalities and my ex japanese gf was always photographing her food.

we dont get it but they do, so what's the harm?

i'm sure we do things they dont understand

On your last sentence...I can concur....honesty and truth are alien concepts for many....

<deleted>, it's not Thai bashing it's just not wearing rose tinted glasses. Money is God in Thailand and Face is Jesus Christ.

Lots of thais post pics of money to make face . . . they earned it, they won it, they are so clever, gorgeous or otherwise that someone gave it to them . . .TIT

And this from a poster calling himself 3-2-1 - RICH

cheesy.gif

Congratulations, lopburi3, your assumptions about the meaning of “321Rich” is dead wrong!!! I, being the OP, happen to live in area code “321” and "Rich” is simply short for my name, Richard. Additionally, I worked at the Kennedy Space Center and “3-2-1” pops up often when describing space rocket countdowns. Have a good day…

But do you not have you have to admit it fits the post to a -T-?

Although admit my assumptions (more of a pun) may be amiss as do not spend my time reviewing young Thai girls Facebook pages in advanced study of what makes a Thai (yet).

Countdown resumed

No different than Westerner posting a picture of their car or house. My Thai wife posts all three frequently plus food and photoshopped selfies. I asked not to do money but have relented and just make sure I don't like or comment so that it won't show u on my page. Just a difference in culture and I truly love the culture here so I embrace it .

I associate the money and gold picture with the Thai tradition of sin sod...paying gobs of money and gold to obtain exclusive right to enter a woman's privates...I believe the poster of the picture is sending a not too subtle message..."you will have to pay handsomely to get some of this"

Same with people taking pictures of food. I really have no interest in what someone is going to eat. Oh and I also know what a pint of beer looks like. You don't have to prove you are in a pub by taking a picture of your beer. It impresses no one.

Speak for yourself mate...i can look at beer, all kinds of beer are impressive....i like food too. Listen up, every young Thai (or farang), no more pictures of any kind on facebook please, berybert is disgusted with you. Go into settings on your facebook, click on 'delete facebook' ....there, sorted, no charge.

Archived