District Officials hunt for underage drinkers and late-opening pubs in Pattaya

webfact

District Officials hunt for underage drinkers and late-opening pubs in Pattaya

bar-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- By orders of the District Chief, Khun Chakorn, a group of over 50 district officers and army personnel converged on the Jomtien area in the early hours of Monday in search of late-opening pubs and socially unacceptable behavior.

The team began on Jomtien Beach Road where they encountered a group of youths, all under the age of 20, consuming alcohol and playing loud music. The drinks were confiscated and the young men were sent on their way with a warning.

The group then attended the “Lan Baan Mor Lum” Pub and saw the venue was open well after its permitted licensed operating hours.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220027/district-officials-hunt-for-underage-drinkers-and-late-opening-pubs-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-22

Am I wrong in the belief that they aren't allowed to show photographs of underage people?

Either that or the army and district chief are employing really young looking personnel for their raids...........................wink.png

Let's see what the governor does about this! 50 district officers and army personnel arrest 1 pub manager for 2 under 20 drinkers out of a hundred. Must have been a very disappointing night! Either the district officers and army don't know what is going on in the province, or the kids are staying home to drink their booze!

It seems to me that this event was designed to combat noise and other anti-social behaviour, and finding a few under-age drinkers was just a side issue. As such I am 100% in favour of it, and I congratulate the district officials for doing something that the local police are clearly incapable of doing.

In Jomtien, all "boom-boom" trucks should be crushed and all bars opening after hours should be permanently closed. Those who enjoy such noisy things only need to go to the recognised and official entertainment areas which abound in Pattaya, just a couple of miles away. This is what sensible zoning and city planning is all about.

Edited by KittenKong

It seems to me that this event was designed to combat noise and other anti-social behaviour, and finding a few under-age drinkers was just a side issue. As such I am 100% in favour of it, and I congratulate the district officials for doing something that the local police are clearly incapable of doing.

In Jomtien, all "boom-boom" trucks should be crushed and all bars opening after hours should be permanently closed. Those who enjoy such noisy things only need to go to the recognised and official entertainment areas which abound in Pattaya, just a couple of miles away. This is what sensible zoning and city planning is all about.

This is what sensible zoning and city planning is all about.

​Therein lies the problem

Am I wrong in the belief that they aren't allowed to show photographs of underage people?

Either that or the army and district chief are employing really young looking personnel for their raids...........................wink.png

The underage for photos is under 18. The underage for drinking is under 20.