Landmark / J.w Marriot

N47HAN

No comparison.

JW is tops.

Down the street on Soi 2 is the new Majestic Grand, getting good reviews and a little cheaper than the JW.

He cant go wrong with Majestic Grand, JW or Landmark. Landmark has a great gym but you pay for it. Rooms and food at JW is tough to beat but again you pay for it. JW has a great spa.

I would not rate Majestic Grand as a step down although it is smaller and cheaper and quieter.

The breakfast buffet is also great at the Landmark. One of the few that tops it is the Sheraton's Sunday Brunch. But if you get away from Sukumvit there are some great places to stay and food is much cheaper and in many cases exceeds that of the Landmark and JW for pennies on the dollar.

If youre looking in this bracket check out the Oriental and Shangri la also.

If you are not stuck in the Sukumvit mode you will find out why Bangkok is one of the best cities on earth. I suppose you could find that out there as well though.

Have you considered The Westin Grande? That one definitely gets my vote and the rates are about the same. A little bit cheaper, The Amari Boulevard Hotel, great service and very good looking

Agreed on the Westin... some nice rooms in there. However, i have to disagree with the Amari Boulevard. They have some rooms that have been redecorated which are quite nice, however, for the same price you can also get one of the older rooms if your unlucky. I haven't stayed there for a few years so my info might be a bit off...

Have you considered The Westin Grande? That one definitely gets my vote and the rates are about the same. A little bit cheaper, The Amari Boulevard Hotel, great service and very good looking

Agreed on the Westin... some nice rooms in there. However, i have to disagree with the Amari Boulevard. They have some rooms that have been redecorated which are quite nice, however, for the same price you can also get one of the older rooms if your unlucky. I haven't stayed there for a few years so my info might be a bit off...

Stayed there a couple of times in the last 2 years and all the rooms I got were pretty much the same the same except for the superior rooms wich aren't that great.

]I would beg to differ. The Landmark is utterly second rate compared to the JW Marriott and attracts a far less up-market crowd. It's the kind of place, as my wife says, where Arabs try to look up your dress.[/u][/u][/i][/color]

Mywife says next to the sofitel in Hua Hin this is her favourite hotel in thailand. we both feel very comfortable in the landmark. for a real treat we had 2 nights on the club floor earlier this year and were really well looked after.

Thanks for the input guys..

Chose the Marriott in The end.

Walked in off the street so to speak and was quoted 6,500Baht plus 10% service and 7%tax . Per room per night.

After looking on the net the day b4 i noticed they were availiable at 5200 Baht plus tax, so I decided to say thanks id go to a travel agent to see if i could book through them.

This I did and the TOTAL price including 10% and 7% was 4,800 Baht per room per night.

So i figured 30,000 down to 19,200 was a deal and booked straight away.

P.s the travel agent was on soi 3 (the first one on the left) not a bad saving from going from soi2 to soi3!