Fake Stamp. What to do?

I hope I don’t sound megalomaniac.

Got an extension from an agent only to find out it was a fake one.
Still regretting it…so easy to get an entry from another country…
Already on overstay I will go to the police/immigration/other department.
What are my options here?

I was advised to do otherwise. Accept the consequences is the right thing to do, not?
No convictions, my record’s white like the snow. I am not a bar guy too, not my style.

Please no PM or moral lectures. What’s done is done and now I am ready to pay for it.
You’re welcome.

Now where did I put that passport? totally forgot, must have left it somewhere...

Ah well time for a new one.

That would likely be a crime which he's obviously trying to avoid.

LOL

asking your country for a new passport is no crime

Filing a false police report is.

Now where did I put that passport? totally forgot, must have left it somewhere...

LOL

Filing a false police report is.

Why would you need a police report if you lost your passport

What crime has been committed ?

• Like 1

Short of getting a new passport and paying the overstay. Your only other choice is getting nabbed with a fake stamp and maybe going to jail and then deported or just deported. ........The question being asked about how you know it is a fake stamp is important to know. Mostly the rip is having your passport go on a visa run without you. If thats the case then Yeah, you could be in trouble. If you paid an agent to handle your immigration business and your questionable stamp is from your local Immigration office. Then not so much worry as you were swindled.

In reference to above:

HOW TO REPLACE A LOST/STOLEN ADULT PASSPORT (AGES 16+)

The loss of a valid U.S. passport is a serious matter. After making every attempt to recover the missing passport, please obtain a police report from the Thai Police station closest to where the event took place or from any Tourist Police station (Tourist Police Hotline: 1155).

Why would you need a police report if you lost your passport

What crime has been committed ?

I needed to file a police report when i once lost my ID card.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed

LOL

It probably is when you lie about losing your passport on the application form.

LOL

No lie if you actually lost it.

How would that help him? He's going to need an entry stamp in the new passport before he will be given an exit stamp when he leaves.

Do you think Immigration and the passport offices aren't aware of the reasons that passports are sometimes "lost" and that they make no checks? Get real.

Edited by Renrut

LOL

No lie if you actually lost it.

He won't have actually lost it.

How would that help him?

He'd be issued a new PP. He'd have the same overstay violation but wouldn't be caught for having a fake stamp. A fake stamp is probably a serious offence.

Seems like the best bet to me.

Edited by Rob13
  • Like 2

why is it a crime to lose ur passport? thats a first, i have lost, had a few stolen over the years

or wash it

as u got stamped in so easily can go to immigration and get a new entry stamp in new passport and can deal with what ever than crops up ( overstay)

also would like to know how u know its fake

Edited by phuketrichard

Suggest you head to the nearest border, pay the overstay, and exit.

I don't think that is possible, with a fake stamp in his passport, without getting arrested.

Fake stamp or not his legitimate permit to stay has expired and he's on overstay. Whether he surrenders at an immigration or at the border he stands the chance of arrest. I'd rather take my chances at the border.

How would that help him?

He'd be issued a new PP. He'd have the same overstay violation but wouldn't be caught for having a fake stamp. A fake stamp is probably a serious offence.

Seems like the best bet to me.

The trouble is, if he has a fake stamp, he won't have been recorded as having an extension at the time of the fake stamp. In other words, he will have a much longer overstay violation, not the same one. Just something to bear in mind although getting a new passport still seems to be the best solution.

Edited by eaglesflight

Suggest you head to the nearest border, pay the overstay, and exit. Going to immigration will achieve nothing except the possibility of arrest and deportation for overstaying or worse.

What do you think he'll find at the border? That's right, Immigration officers ready to check his passport where his fake stamp (if it is fake) will be obviously be noticed.

• Like 2

People fake stampe its NOT probably, ITS realy CRIME!!!

"

Tourist Using Fake Visa Stamps Arrested At Border Crossing
Published on 14th December 2014 by Stickboy BKK

A Latvian tourist was arrested on Saturday around midday at the First Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge border immigration checkpoint in Nong Khai’s Muang district for using fake exit and entry visa stamps.

Valentins Sevecs, 26, was arrested while leaving the Kingdom for Laos."

• Like 1

why is it a crime to lose ur passport? thats a first, i have lost, had a few stolen over the years

or wash it

as u got stamped in so easily can go to immigration and get a new entry stamp in new passport and can deal with what ever than crops up ( overstay)

also would like to know how u know its fake

Seriously are people on here really that naive?

It is NOT a crime to lose you Passport, however what is a crime is somebody else using a lost or stolen Passport

So to prevent this happening a lost Passport must be recorded on the database, the way do this is to make a Police report, they will then put it on the database

It really is not that difficult to work out, although it does seem so for some on here

• Like 1