Wireless TV Headphones

sharktooth

I've got a cheap pair of Phillips from Tesco - 1,500 baht I think. Wouldn't recommend them as they're overly heavy, have no bass, and reception is an issue. No doubt expensive ones are better, but if doing it again I'd buy cheap wired headphones and replace the wire with one that is both long and soft/flexible.

I have some that are getting a bit older (5 years ?) but they are excellent. They are Sony model TMR IF245R. The base unit of course is plugged into the wall and is the sending unit as well as the charger. The phones have a volume control that's independent from the TV speakers. I can turn the volume down on the TV and still turn it up on the phones. Obviously the base plugs into the TV with 2 jacks and also into wall power.

I don't know if it matters and I'm not an expert on such things but they are infrared by design. Not knowing much about such things I simply bought the brand and wasn't disappointed.

Cheers.

There's a new headphone shop next to the Rimping near Airport Plaza. Good selection and easy parking.

Thanks for that. Went there today but only had the one pair at 6,000. Found a pair in Powerbuy instead slightly cheaper. Job done for the football tonight / this morning.

I've got a cheap pair of Phillips from Tesco - 1,500 baht I think. Wouldn't recommend them as they're overly heavy, have no bass, and reception is an issue. No doubt expensive ones are better, but if doing it again I'd buy cheap wired headphones and replace the wire with one that is both long and soft/flexible.

They aren't, wireless is pants.

Bluetooth works far better.

But as you said, you can't really beat a long wire.