Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

AleG:

"They checked his phone records, as it transpired during the trial hearings."

Excellent example of deliberate disinformation.

at some point, there really has been mentioned (by the prosecution), that Nomsod's phone records confirms that he was in BKK the day / hours after the murders.

I remember that clearly, as I was wondering why the defense didn't subpoena the record of at least 48 hrs, along with the airlines passenger list?!

Probably not available, lost, destroyed etc

Edited by Artisi

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would anyone refuse a DNA test if you were innocent.?

If I was a major business owner on the Island of Koh Tao, earning millions of Baht for myself and family, and two of my customers were murdered in "my back yard" and members of my family are named by the police as chief suspects. I would do anything to prove our innocence and clear our names.

The refusal by Mon of a DNA test was a shock, and aroused enormous suspicion. Added to the fact he had been photographed and filmed inside a crime scene pushing the suspicion beyond reasonable doubt he was involved. But that was not all! he was filmed and photographed with a police officer making threats to Dear little Scotty, now if their was the slightest doubt, it ended there and then

"Why would anyone refuse a DNA test if you were innocent.?"
If I remember correctly, their point was, that taking part in a DNA-test, was against their human- rights!
Which I found comical, to say the least!
Turned out to be nothing, but sad!

iReason, on 04 Jan 2016 - 15:36, said:

A guy and his babe 3 seconds in front of a primary suspect in a double murder:

And again here. This couple were the only people seen near Running Man on the CCTV footage that has been released to the public. That makes them witnesses in my view.

attachicon.gifRunning man back view.jpg

That shot of Running man from the back is rather detailed for a CCTV image. Any investigator worth his dandruff would line up suspects and see who matches. The young man's back is long - which matches with Nomsod much better than either of the elfin scapegoats in custody. Plus, there's the cut and style of his hair, and the musculature - all clear in the photo. I doubt even B3 (MM) matches that. Note: that was one of the reasons RTP grabbed MM, was because he somewhat resembled Running Man. Neither of the two scapegoats do.

Where was it published that Mon said he himself was Running Man? I think Mon reiterated that in court. Either way, it's beyond ridiculous to see 40+ year old Mon in a skinny teenager's body. If it's proven that Mon was lying to RTP and the court, are there any repercussions? In the US it's called perjury and can land a person in jail for 5 years plus a hefty fine (source). In Thailand, it's probably a big yawn and a mai pen rai - particularly when it emanates from someone who's bosom buddies with cops and officials.

What it is saying is: " The DNA has not been presented to the Court" The only thing relating to the DNA subject that has been presented was "a Declaration that it matched the DNA of the B2".

On the subject of taking a DNA sample... Anyone can hopefully wear surgical gloves, open a swab test kit and remove sealed swab with carrier to trap DNA on it... take swab and get sample, and return sample bag and seal it. Hopefully writing all reference data on label (so history knows path and date and Tech involved) and stick over sealed end of bag to eliminated any unauthorized opening of sample bag.

But this is not the result for the DNA test as some seem to think it is...

This sample needs to be sent to a lab that has been designated as in charge of doing test. Not lay around in some ones desk waiting for it to be requested, meanwhile being contaminated or altered. If it retained by staff and left in desk, Tech who took sample cannot prove it was DNA sample they sent...!

It takes 24 hours to isolate the DNA stem ladders, why? because 99.9% of all Human DNA is a match, if this is what the police lab got to match... Results are screwed!!! It is that .9% that needs to be Isolated!!! It takes 20-24hrs for this process, to insure no cross contamination of any of the Stems they have isolated, remember we need 16. Even then the results are not allowed to be classified as 100% as a positive match, that is Medically Impossible!!!

If I was a Prof. of Pathology or Doctor teaching at a Major Medical University in U.K. (This is an International Case...) or anywhere else if that mattered! What matters is the Oath I took that enables me to practice. As victims and those on trial, are not Thai Citizens!!! I would file a Law Suit against the RTP for faulty information being released, misdirecting the Courts in the direction of a Murder Trial and slandering the Degrees and Teaching Staff and University, ridiculing the profession of any Graduate who takes the Job as a Pathologist. As we try to teach "How a Pathologist or Doctor needs to be prepared for a case similar to this, what is Legally Required by, not State Law... Not the Law of any Country... But when a Murder is committed in a Foreign Country what is Required by International Law. Thus all these steps have been ridiculed...

Then you need to expand this when taking swab samples from a crime scene...

When it has come to light that there is a presence of more then one DNA in this case 3 plus the Victim! Now everything needs to have a trail (Who, What, When, Where and How... All need to be documented in sequence and by whom and what lab.

As it is required that each DNA sample be sent to a separate Lab!

See how big this has gotten just involving One DNA Sample? and... Not something that could be completed in some Island, Police backdoor lab!!!

Great post, sometimes informative posts like this tend to slide from view due to the missdirectional posts by a couple of prolific posters.

I hope this type of information will be used in the appeal.

Excellent post well explained .

honestly I cannot believe this thread just goes on and on with the same (mostly garbage) nonsense, a judge in a Thai lower court made a judgemet (which we all respect....right ?) so we must respect that he knows what he is talking about and has far supirior scientific and general education that anyone posting on this forum - he is a god among us and knows everything, his education is beyond reproach so we need to respect that.....right ?

The physical Dna evidence that he saw presented to his court was absolute and scriibbled right there on what amounted to a post it, hey the police in Thailand are beyond reproach and the big chief was right there (who is also a fully qualified forensic scientist) - the UK autopsy carried out by very poorly educated people shall not be admitted to my court because I say so and we are the "hub" of law and justice

General Prayut Chan (O) Cha - I call you out as a man of your word and someone I believe has some integrety - sort this out, get the DSI involved with some people you trust who will leave no stone uncovered and reclaim your face in front of your people and the international community - right now your face is lost because you promised - honor - integrety - transparency - wiping out corruption - wiping out influencial people (mafia), this Isalnd of Koh Tao is disrepecting what you stand for, these people are laughing in your face.

The KIng of Thailand owns Koh Tao, bulldoze the whole rotten place and return it to nature and to the Thai people

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif AMEN! ... Thank you Smedly, you said it!

Six weeks after the murders.. once all were assured no case would ever stick he decides to jump through the peasants hoops to shut them up. For good measure, pops tells reporters he is monitoring social media and considering suing netizens for their speculation! Tell you what I'd do if I were innocent, I'd tell the concerned netizens to piss off and prove my guilt. The behavior is just off to me.

Anybody been sued yet? 55

post-242185-0-97753700-1451976299_thumb.

"Nothing hearsay about this as it was said by the police who would've made certain of this fact before issuing a statement about it to the media."

Yes, of course they would not say something like that unless 100% certain...

"A local police commander said today he believes a British man being held by police was responsible for the brutal murders of two young tourists on Koh Tao.

Police Col. Prachum Ruangthong, commander of Pha Ngan police department, told reporters he believes the killer was a British travel companion who is currently in police custody, according to INN, while DNA tests are underway to establish a link."

And then he was cleared... "UPDATE: Police say Ware no longer a suspect."

Same as always, you just cherrypick one bit and ignore all the rest.

Or just make stuff up, like "also learned from locals on Koh Tao that he had fled to Bangkok afterwards"

You are the on cherrypicking. There was never any solid evidence against anyone like there was the CCTV footage which "definitely implicated them in the crime". You can try to wish this fact away but it is a fact which destroys your theory that the B2 acted alone in the crime.

What does that footage show?

You don't know, do you?

You are just taking the words that an unspecified footage "definitely implicated them in the crime" but simultaneously ignoring that a few days ago they were saying that Chris Ware was "was responsible for the brutal murders of two young tourists on Koh Tao".

The footage in question is most probably the "Running Man" video; the suspect status came after CSI-LA decided that Nomsod was the man on that video, I'm sure that people from that tipped the police over it and they just took their word for it.

This is what they said at the time:

""Nom Sod" and his friends had posted comments on CSI during the time that Sean leaked out a statement that he was being threatened and bullied by the mafia. In many ways, this allowed Admin and people on CSI LA page to. see the suspicious behavior and we were able to recognize the close similarity in the physical features of the suspect betweem the CCTV video and "Nom Sod".

This is what was reported the day Nomsod and his uncle were cleared:

"Pol Gen Somyot pointed to groundless reports posted on social media that obstructed the investigation and confused the investigators."

And the witch hunt keeps on going...

Not one poster on all these threads is saying Chris Ware should be a suspect. The only poster who keeps bringing up his name is AleG, and he does it purely for diversion and to dilute the fact that Nomsod and Mon were the first prime suspects. We know there are a few posters on here who are doing everything and more to try and divert and obfuscate, but let's at least leave Ware out of it. Ware was thought about by RTP at the very initial phase of the investigation, but quickly dropped. The first solid suspects were Mon and Nomsod. Those two would still be the primes suspects if RTP were trying to solve the case. It's no coincidence that Mon and Nomsod wouldn't submit to DNA tests early on, and that one of them was hiding from police for a week.

iReason, on 04 Jan 2016 - 15:36, said:

A guy and his babe 3 seconds in front of a primary suspect in a double murder:

And again here. This couple were the only people seen near Running Man on the CCTV footage that has been released to the public. That makes them witnesses in my view.

attachicon.gifRunning man back view.jpg

That shot of Running man from the back is rather detailed for a CCTV image. Any investigator worth his dandruff would line up suspects and see who matches. The young man's back is long - which matches with Nomsod much better than either of the elfin scapegoats in custody. Plus, there's the cut and style of his hair, and the musculature - all clear in the photo. I doubt even B3 (MM) matches that. Note: that was one of the reasons RTP grabbed MM, was because he somewhat resembled Running Man. Neither of the two scapegoats do.

Where was it published that Mon said he himself was Running Man? I think Mon reiterated that in court. Either way, it's beyond ridiculous to see 40+ year old Mon in a skinny teenager's body. If it's proven that Mon was lying to RTP and the court, are there any repercussions? In the US it's called perjury and can land a person in jail for 5 years plus a hefty fine (source). In Thailand, it's probably a big yawn and a mai pen rai - particularly when it emanates from someone who's bosom buddies with cops and officials.

There was a lot of info on Thai television in the months after the murders, I think it was Thai pbs live news report where Mon and Warot refused to give DNA because it would violate their rights and police accepted that. Another live report on the crime had an interview with Mon after his "interrogation" and if I recall that's where he said it was him in the video.

A Thai speaker could probably find them online or maybe get them from the television station.... But I specifically remember being angry RTP wouldn't take their DNA with a warrant.

"Pol Gen Somyot pointed to groundless reports posted on social media that obstructed the investigation and confused the investigators." And the witch hunt keeps on going...

The witch hunt was very brief and lasted a few days in late Sept. It succeeded in rounding up 3 powerless dirt-poor Burmese guys and taking them to a 'safe house' where they admitted to the crime. They also admitted to using a broken bottle, though no mention of the bottle or broken glass is in the police report. They would have admitted to swimming to Australia if that's what was required. So too would anyone on this forum, if enough torture was used.

As for the quote above: Somyot's investigation was flawed, but it was miles better than the very brief investigation which succeeded him. Indeed, I don't think RTP have found anything new in the 16 months between October '14 and now. Once they pointed their fingers at the B2, they felt their work on this case was over. PM called it "a perfect investigation." There was probably a shitload of money/valuables transferred also, but the only indications we, the little people, have is $12 million cash plopped down for a certain man and his wife to buy stocks in Wattana Capital investment firm, a few weeks after the Mon and NS were permanently cleared. There are probably other indications of a money trail, but RTP are doing nothing to investigate that. How are they going to investigate themselves and their superiors and patrons? It would be impossible to come up with anything but a whitewash.

You don't know, do you?

You are just taking the words that an unspecified footage "definitely implicated them in the crime" but simultaneously ignoring that a few days ago they were saying that Chris Ware was "was responsible for the brutal murders of two young tourists on Koh Tao".

The footage in question is most probably the "Running Man" video; the suspect status came after CSI-LA decided that Nomsod was the man on that video, I'm sure that people from that tipped the police over it and they just took their word for it.

""Nom Sod" and his friends had posted comments on CSI during the time that Sean leaked out a statement that he was being threatened and bullied by the mafia. In many ways, this allowed Admin and people on CSI LA page to. see the suspicious behavior and we were able to recognize the close similarity in the physical features of the suspect betweem the CCTV video and "Nom Sod".

"Pol Gen Somyot pointed to groundless reports posted on social media that obstructed the investigation and confused the investigators."

Now you are speculating, something that you always complain about if somebody else does it.

You also don't know what the footage shows. But we have the word of someone who has seen it. Someone who is Thai and who knows Nomsod and Mon. Not only that but they had already arrested Mon at that stage when they issued the statement that it was him captured on the CCTV footage, so it makes no sense that it could be a different or the wrong person. Therefore no speculation is needed; the CCTV shows that it was the owner of the Bar that Hannah and David had just been at, the boss of the B2, the person who refused to give a DNA sample when he was arrested based on CCTV footage, the person who was at the crime scene before the police and who after being released was in most of the photos standing alongside the new police officers when the sham began. The fact that you have constantly denied that he could have anything to do with this case only further shows how much of a fraud you are. You are not here for the truth, you are only here to protect certain people.

Like I said before, there is no witch hunt, it makes no difference to me if the B2 or some Koh Tao locals are guilty of the gruesome murder of 2 Brits. You cannot come up with a reason why anyone would care either apart from your "it make a juicy story" fantasy.

I'm open to the scenario that the B2 were present with several members of the AC Bar and were witnesses or complicit in the crime. Are you?

Six weeks after the murders.. once all were assured no case would ever stick he decides to jump through the peasants hoops to shut them up. For good measure, pops tells reporters he is monitoring social media and considering suing netizens for their speculation! Tell you what I'd do if I were innocent, I'd tell the concerned netizens to piss off and prove my guilt. The behavior is just off to me.

Anybody been sued yet? 55

You can almost see a caption bubble emanating from Somyot's mouth on that photo: " Anyone wants to argue about this, they argue with ME."

post-246493-0-19361000-1451982010_thumb.

Edited by Khun Han

How can you say we checked the records

and then

not show the evidence?

was this a trial or a show?

Same as the scribbled piece of paper alleging to be a DNA report.

Lavatory paper in my opinion and any laboratory that produced such a document would be struck off as a scientific establishment

If the B2 were really guilty then the paper work would be in order.

Why wasn't it?

Obvious it is fabricated

"Nothing hearsay about this as it was said by the police who would've made certain of this fact before issuing a statement about it to the media."

Yes, of course they would not say something like that unless 100% certain...

"A local police commander said today he believes a British man being held by police was responsible for the brutal murders of two young tourists on Koh Tao.

Police Col. Prachum Ruangthong, commander of Pha Ngan police department, told reporters he believes the killer was a British travel companion who is currently in police custody, according to INN, while DNA tests are underway to establish a link."

And then he was cleared... "UPDATE: Police say Ware no longer a suspect."

Same as always, you just cherrypick one bit and ignore all the rest.

Or just make stuff up, like "also learned from locals on Koh Tao that he had fled to Bangkok afterwards"

You are the on cherrypicking. There was never any solid evidence against anyone like there was the CCTV footage which "definitely implicated them in the crime". You can try to wish this fact away but it is a fact which destroys your theory that the B2 acted alone in the crime.

You don't know, do you?

Not one poster on all these threads is saying Chris Ware should be a suspect. The only poster who keeps bringing up his name is AleG, and he does it purely for diversion and to dilute the fact that Nomsod and Mon were the first prime suspects. We know there are a few posters on here who are doing everything and more to try and divert and obfuscate, but let's at least leave Ware out of it. Ware was thought about by RTP at the very initial phase of the investigation, but quickly dropped. The first solid suspects were Mon and Nomsod. Those two would still be the primes suspects if RTP were trying to solve the case. It's no coincidence that Mon and Nomsod wouldn't submit to DNA tests early on, and that one of them was hiding from police for a week.

"the fact that Nomsod and Mon were the first prime suspects."

You never tire of repeating the same falsehoods, do you?

"A British man has become the prime suspect for the murder of two British tourists and his arrest is imminent, a senior Thai police officer told The Telegraph on Wednesday."

What's more, you persist on spreading this particular nugget of misinformation even though I showed you to be wrong before.

Also again you falsely claim that one of them was hiding from police for a week, which I already disproved a few posts ago when you, once again, made that false claim, you are just trolling, aren't you?

^ Nope, AleG. Your 'disprove' was disproven by me. I will repeat: if Nomsod was involved, as many believe, he hid from police for ten (that's 10 for those struggling with English) days from the date of the murder until he turned up with a new haircut and the family lawyer.

Edited by Khun Han

You don't know, do you?

Now you are speculating, something that you always complain about if somebody else does it.

You also don't know what the footage shows. But we have the word of someone who has seen it. Someone who is Thai and who knows Nomsod and Mon. Not only that but they had already arrested Mon at that stage when they issued the statement that it was him captured on the CCTV footage, so it makes no sense that it could be a different or the wrong person. Therefore no speculation is needed; the CCTV shows that it was the owner of the Bar that Hannah and David had just been at, the boss of the B2, the person who refused to give a DNA sample when he was arrested based on CCTV footage, the person who was at the crime scene before the police and who after being released was in most of the photos standing alongside the new police officers when the sham began. The fact that you have constantly denied that he could have anything to do with this case only further shows how much of a fraud you are. You are not here for the truth, you are only here to protect certain people.

Like I said before, there is no witch hunt, it makes no difference to me if the B2 or some Koh Tao locals are guilty of the gruesome murder of 2 Brits. You cannot come up with a reason why anyone would care either apart from your "it make a juicy story" fantasy.

I'm open to the scenario that the B2 were present with several members of the AC Bar and were witnesses or complicit in the crime. Are you?

"the CCTV shows that it was the owner of the Bar that Hannah and David had just been at, the boss of the B2"

You talk as if you have seen said footage, you haven't. You accept the say so of the police as the inerrant truth for this six words "definitely implicated them in the crime" and dismiss it as a pack of lies for any and every other instance that doesn't fit your preferred narrative; even when shown that just a few days previously they erred in the same way, naming a person as being the murderer and backtracking by the next day.

I presented a chain of events, people on CSI-LA decided that Nomsod is the man on the footage then police announce they think they are the men on the footage, police backtrack the accusation and blame it squarely on Social Media speculation. The three events are concordant, your rebuttal is nothing but empty speculation.

^ Nope, AleG. Your 'disprove' was disproven by me. I will repeat: if Nomsod was involved, as many believe, he hid from police for ten (that's 10 for those struggling with English) days from the date of the murder until he turned up with a new haircut and the family lawyer.

By your flawed logic Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin are even more guilty than him because they hid from the police for 17 days.

You are twisting yourselves into pretzels trying to justify your beliefs.

^Nope Aleg. The police announce that Mon and Nomsod are definitely linked to the crime, Nomsod has fled to Bangkok, and the people who helped him flee will also be arrested. Then they backtrack and things start to get very fishy indeed.

Edited by Khun Han

By your flawed logic Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin are even more guilty than him because they hid from the police for 17 days.

If the B2 are genuinely guilty you are right. That doesn't make my logic twisted. My logic is sound. Your calling posters trolls and using your own twisted logic to 'prove' it gives your game away.

Anonymous Hacks Police Sites to Campaign for ‘Justice’ in Koh Tao Murders

BANGKOK — Hacker collective group Anonymous last night claimed responsibility for taking down at least 14 police websites in Thailand, in a campaign for “justice” for the Koh Tao murder case.

The affected websites include those of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police Bureau, the General Staff Division of Royal Thai Police and regional police stations. The sites appeared to be taken down on Monday and some of them are not yet back online at the time of writing.

The attack followed an announcement posted by Anonymous on Sunday, claiming that police used the two Myanmar migrant workers as ‘scapegoats’ in the murders of two British backpackers on Tao island murder in September 2014. The hacker group said the case highlighted the Thai police’s lack of skill and efficiency to investigate serious crimes.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1451976348

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Anonymous Hacks Police Sites to Campaign for ‘Justice’ in Koh Tao Murders

BANGKOK — Hacker collective group Anonymous last night claimed responsibility for taking down at least 14 police websites in Thailand, in a campaign for “justice” for the Koh Tao murder case.

The affected websites include those of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police Bureau, the General Staff Division of Royal Thai Police and regional police stations. The sites appeared to be taken down on Monday and some of them are not yet back online at the time of writing.

The attack followed an announcement posted by Anonymous on Sunday, claiming that police used the two Myanmar migrant workers as ‘scapegoats’ in the murders of two British backpackers on Tao island murder in September 2014. The hacker group said the case highlighted the Thai police’s lack of skill and efficiency to investigate serious crimes.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1451976348

........ and no doubt come soon to a guest house and dive house , near you soon ..... pmsl !

If the B2 are genuinely guilty you are right. That doesn't make my logic twisted. My logic is sound. Your calling posters trolls and using your own twisted logic to 'prove' it gives your game away.

Your logic depends on the presupposition that Nomsod was guilty, therefore you take any amount of time between the crime and him contacting the police as him being in hiding; then you use that amount of time as evidence that his behaviour was suspicious but since you started with the presumption of guilt it all adds up to circular reasoning. Ergo, flawed logic.

Q.E.Doh

You don't know, do you?

"the CCTV shows that it was the owner of the Bar that Hannah and David had just been at, the boss of the B2"

You talk as if you have seen said footage, you haven't. You accept the say so of the police as the inerrant truth for this six words "definitely implicated them in the crime" and dismiss it as a pack of lies for any and every other instance that doesn't fit your preferred narrative; even when shown that just a few days previously they erred in the same way, naming a person as being the murderer and backtracking by the next day.

I presented a chain of events, people on CSI-LA decided that Nomsod is the man on the footage then police announce they think they are the men on the footage, police backtrack the accusation and blame it squarely on Social Media speculation. The three events are concordant, your rebuttal is nothing but empty speculation.

After all your bluster you avoided the one question that I put to you:

Your logic depends on the presupposition that Nomsod was guilty, therefore you take any amount of time between the crime and him contacting the police as him being in hiding; then you use that amount of time as evidence that his behaviour was suspicious but since you started with the presumption of guilt it all adds up to circular reasoning. Ergo, flawed logic.

Q.E.Doh

Errr.....no AleG. The debate was a micro-debate about the amount of time it took for Nomsod to come forward, not an overview of the case. You claimed it was two days, but it was ten. The murder happened virtually in his back yard, but not a peep from him.Even his girlfriend couldn't get hold of him for a while

Hid from police and then fled the island by boat.

I'm open to anything that can be substantiated with credible evidence, evidence that other people were involved in the murders: 0

Evidence that Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin murdered those two people: enough to reach a guilty verdict as explained in the court report.

I'm open to anything that can be substantiated with credible evidence, evidence that other people were involved in the murders: 0

Evidence that Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin murdered those two people: enough to reach a guilty verdict as explained in the court report.

So we agree. Mon and Nomsod were caught on CCTV at the scene of the crime and were said to be "definitely implicated", right?

So we can agree that there is credible evidence that they and the B2 committed the crime together, right?

So you are open to the possibility that they were all involved in the crime together?

Blond hair

Dna on the right shoe

Dna on the murder weapon

Police statement Oct 29 2014

"If the DNA results turn out to match with the samples taken from the crime scene, Mr Warot will become an accomplice. If the DNA doesn't match, then society must give justice to Mr Warot's family too," the national police chief said - See more at: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-koh-tao-murder-suspects-offered-2nd-dna-tests-49403.php#sthash.NBZ7xOUh.dpuf