kawasaki ern 650cc for long distance trips ?

dirtycash

In search of "Iron Butt" awards..

I got a couple of them in the US some 9 years ago.

Think that could be done in Thailand.... Phuket to Chiang Rai 50cc of dirt...stamped by la migra?

By the way what do you like better for the long one.... CBR 650 F or the Er-n 6....better price on the honda of course, power lacks,, the Kawaii...seem fast..but to cruise..maybe not so comfortable.

Where in Thailand can you have a custom saddle made?

The problem is, you can't. Thais only focus on looks, never functionality. I included the vid to give an idea of how it is done -- the fitting process. I went through it at Rich's, but there are a lot of YouTubes and other stuff on the net about how to fit a seat. What I did was found a seat shop (in Chiangmai) that does beautiful work. I had him strip off my seat cover, then I went to work on the seat, resculpting it to fit my butt. When I had it as close as I could get it (even contact, no "hotspots"), I inset a piece of gel. Then I went back to the shop and had the guy cover the seat. He did a beautiful job, but no leather, unfortunately

I'll admit, it wasn't quite as fine as a Rich's seat, but I can go 7-8 hours in the saddle without my butt falling off. You have to do it yourself or you will never get a proper seat in Thailand. That's the deal. That the only deal.

And by the way, three hours on a stock ER6n seat and you are going to wish you were walking.

Edited by seedy
All capitals

Well i did about 500 miles ( Samut Prakarn to Chiang Mai) on my ER6N with stock seat so it can be done.

Yes I agree.

Much depend of you fell on the bike generally, I lowered the foot pegs on my V and that helped me a lot felling more comfortable due to quite long legs.

Well i did about 500 miles ( Samut Prakarn to Chiang Mai) on my ER6N with stock seat so it can be done.

Yes I agree.

Much depend of you fell on the bike generally, I lowered the foot pegs on my V and that helped me a lot felling more comfortable due to quite long legs.

Yes, that is the biggest problem, not the seat.

I had a CB500F that I bought for touring and I thought that it was a good choice but I wanted a little more power so I traded up to a CB650F. They are both great bikes for the occasional road trip but I have to say that I'm glad that I traded, Get some good panniers for it and I think that they are an excellent choice for touring.

Honda Pattaya didn't have the Hepco and Becker frames for the CB650F so I had to order them myself and pay for shipping and import duties, not cheap but I already had a pair of Hepco and Becker panniers so it was still cheaper for me to buy the new frames.

In some ways the CB500F was a better touring bike. It was easier getting around town once I arrived at my destination and had the panniers off. It might have been a little smoother also even though it was a two cylinder vs the four cylinder of the 650. Advantages of the 650, I found it more comfortable on my trips. I usually cruise around 100 to 120 kph so they both did that easy enough but I did enjoy the additional power of the 650. Big touring bikes are nice but they are so heavy and bulky that I didn't want to get one of them, one you reach your destination that aren't near as easy to putter around on. Here is a photo of my CB650F with the pannier frames attached.

post-152354-0-26038600-1452060051_thumb.

Of course it can be done!

Th question is, how bruised were your butt bones when you climb out of the saddle at the end of the day?

Actually, considering I have a skinny arse not too bad. I thought it would have been a lot worse.

If you want comfort, the Kawasaki Vulcan has to be the biz, adjustable everything and a super comfortable seat, 650cc torque tuned too.

I am done with cruisers, too slow for me.

When safe to do so, I like to go around 150km/h and my Versys is perfect for that and it's very comfortable too.

If you want comfort, the Kawasaki Vulcan has to be the biz, adjustable everything and a super comfortable seat, 650cc torque tuned too.

I am done with cruisers, too slow for me.

When safe to do so, I like to go around 150km/h and my Versys is perfect for that and it's very comfortable too.

Same here, too slow and a nightmare in BKK traffic.