Travel with big bike by bus or train

rapla

I want to drive with bus or train from Phuket to BKK and want to take my big bike with me. I have seen at the central bus station that you can take a small bike like scooter with you. But I do not know if they taken big bikes as well. Thank you for your suggestions.

You should have used more clear Language: is it a Pushbike or a motocy?

In that latter case the worries are about the fuel inside it. On trains its possible, though not on any train, on strict condition of emptying the fuel-but then again I assume you are smart enough to know that the closest train from HT is at Surat. On BUSes I do not think it is possible.

You should have used more clear Language: is it a Pushbike or a motocy?

In that latter case the worries are about the fuel inside it. On trains its possible, though not on any train, on strict condition of emptying the fuel-but then again I assume you are smart enough to know that the closest train from HT is at Surat. On BUSes I do not think it is possible.

I believe that from the text that I wrote you can already associate it is a bigger bike. Thank you for your suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite on topic but if you cant ride it there you can post it. Thai post office send motorbikes over 400 cc for about 3500 baht

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thank you very munch. Exactly what I need.
did you do this?

I just received my Yamaha R3. Took 7 days to go from Ubon Ratchathani to Krabi. Cost 3600 baht.

And fuel tank half full.

SRT used to allow big bikes to be loaded onto one of the freight cars that usually accompany passenger trains if you were travelling on that train

I did it once from Bangkok to Chiang Mai (overnight train) and it cost 400 Baht each way at the time (2004) but I heard that the price went up quite a bit when they started to charge by weight

It was all arranged by my unauthorized H-D motorcycle repair / maintenance guy in Bangkok, only had a week of vacation time and didn't want to eat up two days just getting to CM

I would check with SRT and see what the rate is these days

Edited by Langsuan Man